Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Notices

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Old 12-13-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Once again, it's a snowy weekend here in Indiana. I'm using that as my excuse to have another lazy weekend full of video games and reading. Weekends are so much better now that I'm sober. I actually look forward to them now as a way to relax from the week instead of the time warp from Friday afternoon to Monday morning they used to be.

A happy sober weekend to all!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Once again, it's a snowy weekend here in Indiana. I'm using that as my excuse to have another lazy weekend full of video games and reading. Weekends are so much better now that I'm sober. I actually look forward to them now as a way to relax from the week instead of the time warp from Friday afternoon to Monday morning they used to be.

ZeldaFan
Snow just started here in Ohio..You make a great point....a weekend that is not a whirling dirvish of getting takin and using every dang thing...to the point that monday I was always a mess...made it tonight so far.... looking forward to having monday being a good new week
thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Weekends are so much better now that I'm sober. I actually look forward to them now as a way to relax from the week instead of the time warp from Friday afternoon to Monday morning they used to be.

How CRAZY is that. When I was drinking, the weekends were COMPLETELY a time warp! I would wake up Monday mornings thinking "where did the weekend go?" and "why did I not get anything done this weekend?"

I too hope everyone has a wonderful sober weekend!!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

26 consecutive weekends.... whoo hoo! it was a holiday weekend when I quit, now 6 months later it's another holiday weekend, still going strong!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats, Tgirl on 6 months. Awesome and inspiring to me.

I totally understand about the weekend time-warp phenomenon. I am wondering how the weekend will be remembered when Monday rolls around. Working hard to stay strong and busy.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm in for a calm, clear, restful, fun, productive, guilt-free, totally sober 100% hangover-free weekend!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I also get the time-warp that used to be my weekends. I would wake up exhausted and unprepared on Monday counting down till the next weekend to 'relax' again.

Any Breaking Bad fans? If so, please do not breathe a word of what happens in the last 8 episodes of Season 5, Part 2 because I finally got it from Netflix. Just watched two episodes but stopped myself from binging.

Tomorrow I have a Christmas party with colleagues. Everyone in our department is supposed to bring wine or beer. I'm going rogue and bringing what the other department is charged with...savory snacks. Don't yet trust myself to buy it, even if I'm not planning on drinking it.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm here too. Been looking at this site off and on all day. Having a lazy day, letting myself eat rubbish and relaxing. No alcohol in the house and won't be going out again so won't be drinking today. Still, I'm feeling restless but know I'm on the right path.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. I couldn't really watch more than 2 episodes at a time because they were so intense, plus I found the affectations of the characters rubbing off on me lol

If you went rogue, you could have gone real crazy and brought a bottle of Pepsi, like George Costanza did in a Seinfeld episode.

Going to need a little extra help getting through this weekend. Haven't had any cravings up until now. I have been here before and stayed sober. I can do it again.

Here's to remembering the weekend!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

Here!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
I also get the time-warp that used to be my weekends. I would wake up exhausted and unprepared on Monday counting down till the next weekend to 'relax' again.
Story of my life! Although weekends are a challenge.. nothing beats waking up on Monday feeling somewhat alive and not like a zombie. (I can't wait to ditch the "somewhat" before alive but I've been feeling very low energy since I quit).
Old 12-14-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday the 13th! Hubby's birthday today and he said the best gift was waking up with a wife that was not hungover. Feeling great. Honestly don't know if I could hhave done it without you guys!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Suekie, did you get your vitamin b12 checked? I had no energy and found that mine was really low because of my drinking. Aa few shots (of vitB12!) made a huge difference.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 15th sober weekend in a row! I am getting the hang of it now. Tonight I went out for mini-golf and lemonade, it made me feel like a teenager again! Tomorrow I suspect there will be Christmas tree decorating and maybe some holiday baking, also going to see the new Hobbit movie with my Dad. Not sure what Sunday will bring yet but I am sure it will not involve me consuming alcohol. My sobriety is a precious gift that allows me to experience my life to the fullest!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
What and where is this chat?
Hey Sunshine chat is up on the right , up on the blue bar (for me) it opens a pop up window into a chatroom where people hold meetings and can chat more directly and instantly .
It's not really something i use as i like to have a think about answers a bit and play computer games, talk on the phone, watch the telly, listen to the radio all at the same time . chatrooms are a bit too demanding of my attention

Hope your doing strong sunshine .

Thanks Cass

Everyone ,
Remember there is Dees' thread with lots of good stuff to help get you through the cravings http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

The weekend thread is a movable feast , post away, obviously the focus is sobriety but if we feel we need to express things are difficult for us then thats cool were all on the sober highway together and we can muddle through together until monday
Sometimes just chatting about bacon or snow is way of saying something without discussing "the elephant in the room" , this is the newcomers area so please feel free to get the help and ask away . Just sometimes cries for help or questions can get lost in a busy thread so it's good to raise the flag higher for help by posting your own thread .

House sitting is very tiring , have a quite day today … then back seeing mex-m8 sunday afternoon .

Good saturday everyone , only 39 hours till monday now in the UK , keep on everyone ..

*ring ring* m
Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

7pm now and I'm doing surprisingly well though I'm eating a ton. The mouth is constantly going. Yes Im so happy I know I'm going to make it through the weekend.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by 3daysfree View Post
I am so upset - my husband just came home from partying with his friends and brought with him case of beer bottles of red AND my problem white wine - he was getting us ready for the weekend storm and can not understand why I am so upset he brought wine in the house - his reply is " no one is putting a gun to your head don't drink it ". So basically I am going to be snowed in with a drunk husband and bottles of wine screaming at me......
Well, that stinks. Like you said, though, he was partying - so his judgment was impaired when he made the decision to bring it home.

Have you clearly communicated to him that you do not want wine brought into the house? I find that often my wife thinks I'm just supposed to know something even though she never directly said it. She'll say something related in her mind, but the connection isn't there in my mind.*

Just be direct - "I am struggling trying to break my alcohol addiction, please do not bring wine into the house." Make sure he's not been partying when you do.

* A recent version of this was when she said, "I don't like the rug in the dining room."
Translation: "There will be a $3,000 charge to the Visa right before Christmas."

The follow up conversation goes like this:
Me: (holding Visa bill in hand) "You charged $3,000 to the Visa right before Christmas?!?"
Her: "I told you I didn't like the rug in the dining room and you didn't say anything."
Old 12-14-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning weekenders!

So many doing well. So many given opportunities to prove to them selves that you can do this.

I feel for each who is facing a tough spot. You can do this!

I crashed early last night. It's been my tool to fight cravings. Cheese doodles in bed with a fizzy water and two cats. I love storms and with the snow comes deep seated cravings. Being alone and a storm is worse. So I taking things into high gear. Code red. Defcon 4.

So eating is better than drinking so off to the store in just a few. First spam and eggs.

K
Old 12-14-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hope it's not too late to join. Day 1. Have posted in 24 hour thread, December thread and here. After so many failures since joining in March, I really want this now
Old 12-14-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Code red. Defcon 4.
So eating is better than drinking so off to the store in just a few. First spam and eggs.
The protocols for a Code red Defcon 4 clearly call for bacon.