Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Notices

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Old 12-13-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Really needed something like this right now.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's official! I am spending my whole weekend here at SoberRecovery!

Today is my one day off, and I have just sat here at the computer and drank coffee all day.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in, too--feeling a bit vulnerable tonight after a rough day at work. Holiday stress seems to be hitting hard my coworkers hard, and everyone is overwhelmed/grouchy/inflexible. Sick and tired of people taking their bad moods out on me. First time in awhile where I came home and actually imagined cracking open a beer (or 6). I didn't (and won't) but the intensity of my feelings was disconcerting.

Plan for the tonight--kids are at grandmother's house, so, for me . . . Chipotle carryout for dinner, a hot bubble bath, Law and Order back-to-back, and sticking close to these boards!

Happy Friday!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Count me in for the weekend! Got to finish up some xmas shopping and do some baking. I need to get my business books in order for tax time. Then there's the normal weekend stuff: grocery shopping and housework. I get soooo much more accomplished when I'm sober!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

** ring ring ** peeps!
I'm in. Waiting for the SR chat meeting tonight. For my part, I love this meeting. People are warm, welcoming, and supportive. A good, safe place to tell your story.

GreenBear, stay strong and we are with you. Post as much as you want. We are here

M, you know how important you are to us even if your mate isn't super responsive. You are the man, and don't forget it.

Yours,
Cas
Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Thinking about the Hobbit today and I remembered...

The first installment came out last year. My two youngest (who were 19 and 18 last year) and I planned to go see it on opening night. Planned it for months in advance - to go to the midnight premier.

Long story short - I got drunk that day. I still went to the movies with them, but I slept through most of it. They knew, of course.

This year we can't go until Sunday, but I will be seeing the whole movie this time.

Keep it going, Sobrinators! We're doing this!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm doing a bunch of early activities both weekend days to keep me from wanting to stay up late. I find that helps motivate me to be aware and present in the morning.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am so upset - my husband just came home from partying with his friends and brought with him case of beer bottles of red AND my problem white wine - he was getting us ready for the weekend storm and can not understand why I am so upset he brought wine in the house - his reply is " no one is putting a gun to your head don't drink it ". So basically I am going to be snowed in with a drunk husband and bottles of wine screaming at me......
Old 12-13-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Down the drain!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

What and where is this chat?
Old 12-13-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

thanks Cas. I was extra nervous cuz it is my first dry payday....was going to buy a pop and chips...bought juice..gf's big night out is the same as every other damn night...at "my" bar outside my front door...SMILE SMILE SMILE hehe

3daysFree,
The snow makes it really pretty outside ..and a night Mother Nature says..."Here I am in Black and White"
Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

OK I am in. Wanted to drink a lot earlier but the feeling passed and I am happy to be sober this morning.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

For anyone struggling tonight I'll pass on some advice given to me on SR..."have you ever woken up in the morning after a sober 24 hrs and wished you'd gotten drunk the night before?". It sounds funny but it hit home for me. I love weekend mornings now. Heck, even workday mornings are great with living sober.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 12-13-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

My sister told me that the parents of the Sandy Hook elementary victims asked people to do 26 random acts of kindness in honor of their children instead of bringing the media circus back to their town. So, I took my two youngest children to dinner and we doubled the waitress' tip and then we took all of the random shopping carts left all over the parking lot and brought them back to the store. I finally took my babies to our favorite dive ice cream place for milkshakes. This night was the best high that I have had in a long time. Natural highs truly are the best that life has to offer.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Doubledragons! Thank you for sharing this story! I'm in on the acts of kindness and for the weekend! Thinking of the Sandy Hook families gets me to the core and in comparison the those families- we can get through the weekend and in our own way honor them. I dedicate my weekend of appreciation, patience and love for my family, sobriety and acts of kindness to the Sandy Hook families. Peace be with all of you this weekend!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

3daysfree I really feel for you. This is just lack of respect for your effort I think. If I were you I would go spend the weekend at a sober friend's house. No word, I would just leave and let hubby think, if he can with all the freakin booze he got.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Having random cravings after my relapse 13 days sober joining this thread for extra support
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Well I have a small challenge tomorrow. My works Christmas party. Its the 3rd annual and this like many others has plenty of booze and drunks. Today at our end of the year Financial Meeting, many co-workers were talking and wished someone would have brought a bottle of Patron to the meeting to take shots at the end. As I would have been a part of this for sure a year ago, but didn't feel any pressure today during the conversation everyone was having about tomorrows party. It seems to be all about the drink and the way everyone feels or acted. I actually just want it to be over with. I'm obligated to go - the good thing; my wife doesn't drink, a few others don't drink and there will be children there. I like kids and will surround myself with them and their interests at the party. Anyway - my wife and I are preparing for a trip to our daughters next week. She is due with her first and our first grandchild. So I certainly want to be clear minded for this blessing. Obstacles become stepping stones that will take us to a higher place of honor and greater blessing! Have a sober weekend everyone. SD: 11-15-13
Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

thanks for all of your posts!! Sober weekends are the bomb!!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3daysfree View Post
I am so upset - my husband just came home from partying with his friends and brought with him case of beer bottles of red AND my problem white wine - he was getting us ready for the weekend storm and can not understand why I am so upset he brought wine in the house - his reply is " no one is putting a gun to your head don't drink it ". So basically I am going to be snowed in with a drunk husband and bottles of wine screaming at me......
Obstacles become stepping stones that will take us to a higher place of honor and greater blessing!