Notices

Day 1.... again

Old 12-12-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

EJP
Welcome I too am on Day 1.
Labels irritate me too, Hell I used the fact that I am an alcoholic as a reason to drink...

BalinChane
Can't wait to use the Ex-drinker label

The Pat Man
Love the initiative. I must keep my eyes on the prize and attack attack attack...carpe diem stupid addiction
Old 12-12-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EJP View Post

I'm a secret drinker who's relatively responsible with it (no driving, getting in fights, drunk around kids, etc). But my job allows me to work from home and that allows for lots of time drinking during the day.... and thats a big part of the problem.
Congrats on your first day sober. I know from countless experiences how hard it is to get that first day because of withdrawal. The anxiety is astronomical. And somehow my brain tells me that afterward it wasn't really all that bad. It's insane.

I work from home now too and that's my trigger. I don't drink when I go out or when people bring alcohol here. I drink when I'm home by myself and have convinced myself I can handle it.

You've had some long stretches of sobriety so I'm positive you'll do this. Do you generally keep alcohol in the house or do you only go out and get it when you're on your own?