Notices

Hospitalization last night

Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hospitalization last night

Yup I fell off the wagon HARD .. Got sent to the hospital in an ambulance from my company Xmas party ..... I've never been hospitalized before ... So scary ... I feel terrible ... The withdrawals are coming... Thought I could have a few and not end up this way but I did ... So depressed .. So terrible ... Uggg... Why can't I be normal ? This sucks
Old 12-11-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Oh goodness. My heart hurts for you.

Please be well.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can change your life arround Erik. You just need to want it more than drinking.

Good luck
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This time it might be what turns you around. Not that I think it was a good thing to happen but it may have happened for a bigger reason. I sorry for how you must be feeling, I truly am. : (
Old 12-11-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Erik
I just did something similar. Get up and get going..just start again
pook
Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Erik - Learn from this experience. It really does not get better than this if you continue to drink. Alcohol is not your friend.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I definitely need to quit while I'm ahead .... Part of me wishes I'd died last night .. Because fighting this seems an insurmountable task... Uggh ... This so sucks !
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I ended up unwell and in the hospital because of drinking and it was a turning point for me. I have not drank since. You can turn things around and stop. Wishing you the best.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Erik1980 View Post
Yup I fell off the wagon HARD .. Got sent to the hospital in an ambulance from my company Xmas party ..... I've never been hospitalized before ... So scary ... I feel terrible ... The withdrawals are coming... Thought I could have a few and not end up this way but I did ... So depressed .. So terrible ... Uggg... Why can't I be normal ? This sucks
I will never be normal because I am an alcoholic. The notion that I could ever drink like normal people had to be smashed. I came to this realization slowly and painfully but when I did I started to get better
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that, Eric. You can come back from this, you really can. It feels huge, yes, but, you know, like everyone says, take it slow, one day at a time, one hour, half hour, 15 min. if you have to. Hang in there.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The idea of drinking right now is so repulsive ... But in a few days or a week I know it will be appealing ... Such a psychological thing... I know I must stop though .. Waking up in the hospital was scary
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Glad you posted about it. Feel better soon, just start over, it happens xx
Old 12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Erik you are awesome for coming right on here and posting!

For people like us, becoming a normal drinker is about as likely as finding the Easter bunny or having lunch with a leprechaun.

I had to take drinking off the table of options. That does mean an attitude shift. But it helped me a lot to just give up that holy grail of normal drinking. If I want a good life, i can't drink. Period.

Good luck man, like we said before you live in a place that has the most wonderful outdoor sober options. Just need to grab on and you can do it!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I suppose most of us have an event that causes us to reach a point of having had enough. It was 46-days ago for me, and I will never forget it as long as I live. I also felt that if I could have just disappeared without hurting those I love even more, I may well have. It's up to you to decide what happens from here, and of course you can succeed as many others have. As they say, it's really very simple, but damn sure not easy. Focus on what you need to do, and try not to beat yourself up too bad. That was really hard for me during the first 3-4 weeks.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this happened to you Erik. I haven't been hospitalized because of my drinking yet but I have had too many occasions when my drinking went way to far. During those times I too felt sickened by the thought of drinking but then got lured back as you described.

A good way to remind yourself how you are feeling right now would be to document it in writing, audio or video. You can then review it when you feel like your getting sucked back into the vortex.

Good luck and be well...
Old 12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Erik, use this experience in a positive way and begin to change your life. You never have to feel like this again.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your support everyone ...
Old 12-11-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear that Erik. Glad you're ok tho

fighting this seems an insurmountable task.
It seems that way -= but it's really not - it depends on how much you're prepared to change Erik?

D
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Erik,

I'm sorry this happened. Sometimes the worst things can happen to us with the best outcomes though. Maybe this is the event you needed to have to start a new, sober life?

Yes, sobriety is hard. Painful at times. But in my opinion, I was in a much more painful state drinking.

But this behind you and start toward your future. You CAN do this.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh Eric- so sorry to hear this. Remember this- we can't just have one never works, ever. Do you still have your job?