Notices

Dinner last night

Old 12-11-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Dinner last night

I was out for dinner with 2 friends last night. I'd told them in advance that I wasn't drinking and asked if we could change the meet up from drinks to dinner and that was no problem.

We ended up in TGI Fridays as another place we wanted to go was full. We got sent to the bar because our table wasn't going to be ready for 15 mins. Now a few weeks ago my eyes would have been darting round the room looking at what everyone was drinking and generally being a bit p'd off because I was on the juice. Last night I went straight to the soft drinks menu, chose a mocktail, laughed when the barman asked if I realised it didn't have any booze (because I just knew he would ask!) and got on with enjoying my night with friends.

I decided to walk home as it was dry and reasonably warm. I've not enjoyed the walk home before because it passes at least 10-15 bars that I have drank in at one time or another. Again, last night I felt a change. I was able to look at these places with what I can only describe as 'nostalgic detachment'. It was something I USED to do in a past life and I sure as hell don't want to revisit it.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good going nightswimming! Glad you enjoyed your night, alcohol is no reason to avoid social situations, there is still fun to be had!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Great stuff. Their mocktails are delicious!!!!