Notices

Picked up 30 day chip

Old 12-11-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You have ups/downs - especially at milestones 30-60-90 days. Just try it for 6 months. If you drank for years - giving yourself 6 months seems fair right? Then if your life is just not working and everything still feels crappy - reassess? It's normal to go through this. I got angry about 30-60 days - just running around pissed off at everyone and everything, then I got sad - mourned the loss of my drinking - then back to anger. FINALLY at over 90 days - I'm like "Hey this sober stuff isn't too bad". Went to a luncheon with coworkers yesterday - was nervous because it was a bar. I really was OK - because I knew I couldn't drink. A couple other people wanted to order, I said I wasn't drinking, then they retracted and said "Nah I'm not drinking either." No one asked WHY, and no one made a big deal out of it. After I got my coffee and lunch, I never even paid much attention to the bottles of wine/beer everywhere. No more than I would noticed a bench or stool in the room. IT's only a big deal if I make it one.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Man. I have no idea how i got myself in this mess...I realized today I have done things I hated, to "please" other people, or because I was too frightened to do what I wanted, and my reward for this was to drink as much as possible once I was through with a painful experience. Going to school, being miserable, feeling like a failure because I hated what I was doing--I notice now how I binged after long periods of work. Now I don't know who I am or what I want to do, I feel like I am vanishing. No one asks me how I am doing in my life, maybe because I put on a front of being "together" or "well groomed and dressed well" so people assume I know what I am doing.

I do not know what I am doing.
you did not get sick today and you're not going to get better and one either. 30 days is a huge accomplishment and you are much better than you were 30 days ago. recovery is not an event is a long slow steady process with each day being a little bit better than the last. keep going to meetings and putting one foot in front of the other.

the promises will come true sometimes quickly sometimes slowly but they will always be to realize if you work for them
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I feel like I am vanishing. No one asks me how I am doing in my life, maybe because I put on a front of being "together" or "well groomed and dressed well" so people assume I know what I am doing.

I do not know what I am doing.
There are times I feel exactly the same way. I have said more than once that I have no clue what I am doing. Some days I think that I am going to wake up and it will all be a dream. Other days I think "WTF am I doing? Am I just fooling myself, AGAIN. Can I really do this?

I can and you can. Today I don't have to feel as much in control as I used to. I can get upset, I can cry and I can get angry. These are normal feelings but it is what I do with them today that makes the difference. How I react to life is what changes, not life.

I change the world around me by changing myself.