Notices

Help!! Need reviews for Bradford rehab in Warrior, Al

Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help!! Need reviews for Bradford rehab in Warrior, Al

Hi guys, I really need some help/advise. My husband has finally decided that he should go into rehab! If you've read my previous posts you'll know that this is great. However, the treatment center that we've decided to go to has awful reviews. I haven't told him what I've read yet because I don't want him to say he's not going there because of the reviews. I mean there were some that said they were great but mostly they were bad with priority on it being nothing but a money pit. The reason we chose Bradford was it was close to home 1.5 hrs. The initial consultation was great, she convinced him that this was the best thing for him. He will go for 15 days, then have outpatient meetings for 3 straight weeks then meetings 3 times a week. I want him to have the best care especially going through detox but I'm having a hard time finding reviews on anywhere else I look. Has anyone been to this facility or know of a good one in the Birmingham, Al area. Thanks
Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Alabamama

we don't really do reviews here - it's kind of outside our remit - though I'm sure if anyone has specific first hand experience they will post.

you could try this link for look at what other options you might have in your area:
Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

best wishes to you and your family
D
Old 12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You might want to call your local or state Alcoholics Anonymous chapter and ask them if they have heard of the place, do they know anyone who has been, etc. people who have been to treatment are usually, in my own experience, pretty willing to discuss their experience at a particular facility. Might be worth a shot.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The only treatment facility I have experience with was in Pennsylvania, and I am guessing that is too far. I have no knowledge of the Ala rehab. Good luck to you and your husband.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

AA has no opinions on outside issues
Old 12-10-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I didn't even know rehabs had reviews.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I would recommend going to an open AA meeting and asking people there.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do not go here

I just left this facility. I have been sober for 6 months now and detoxing from opiates was a better experience than my stay here. Dishonesty abounds. The staff is openly hostile and relies on threats. I witnessed the medical director Mike Wilkerson loose his tempor with a resident patient and threatened to make sure he never practiced medicine again. The patients "crime" was to laugh at someone's comment.

Absolutely a Horrible experience. You learn to lie and to parrot the answers the abysmally uneducated staff wants to get out of there.

Do not go!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a pretty old thread

I'm sorry you had a bad experience Dentunc.
but congrats on your 6 months

D