SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   5 Months tomorrow. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/315891-5-months-tomorrow.html)

HappyAccidents 12-09-2013 06:27 PM

5 Months tomorrow.

Hi all. It's been ages since i updated, so i thought I'd swing by.
I'm at 5 months without a drop of alcohol. I'm very happy so far, as i seem to fall off the wagon around the three month mark. My goal is to go for the year and then i have no plans to start drinking again that's for sure. I'm more productive, better at what i do, can handle disappointments with a clear and rational mind. I'm much better at maintaining relationships / friendships. My anxiety has reduced dramatically and i can see that it will continue to do so.
I have no desire to drink at all, it's truly amazing. Thank's to everyone who has said it gets easier with time and practice, because it's really true.

KateL 12-09-2013 06:31 PM

Great news. Congrats :)

azureseas 12-09-2013 09:40 PM

nice one, its always so interesting to hear about the mental improvements
when you are drinking you have no idea that a lot of the time its the booze that is making all that way worse

MythOfSisyphus 12-09-2013 09:42 PM

That's a great milestone! I am anxious to hear about the next five come spring.:c011:

Lorax1981 12-09-2013 11:36 PM

That's well... Awesome! 5 months is huge, keep it up. Time flys when you're havin' fun:-)
-Ted

malcolmsloan 12-09-2013 11:50 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting. It helps to hear from people at all stages/milestones. I can't wait to start knocking out months. --but I have to keep myself focused on today, that's my big thing--

ReadyAtLast 12-10-2013 01:17 AM

Congratulations on 5 months :)

PurpleKnight 12-10-2013 01:49 AM

Great job on 5 months!! :You_Rock_

Louise82 12-10-2013 01:51 AM

Congrats HA! I'm just a few days ahead of you having gotten 5 months on Sunday. I agree with everything you say - for me, sobriety really has gotten easier with time and practice!

hiddenzebra 12-10-2013 01:57 AM

Way to go!
Working on my 12th day here, and each day feels a bit better than the last, for the most part. Can't wait to see what five months feels like! Thanks for posting. It's good to see the optimism. :)

least 12-10-2013 07:36 AM

Congrats on five months sober! :c011:

resolute50 12-10-2013 07:40 AM

Congrats on 5 months.:c011:
I'm coming up to 5 months as well,day after Christmas.

Dee74 12-10-2013 03:09 PM

Congratulations Happy Accidents :)

Thepatman 12-10-2013 03:16 PM

Great job! 5 months rocks!!

kcbf 12-10-2013 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by HappyAccidents (Post 4338018)
Hi all. It's been ages since i updated, so i thought I'd swing by.
I'm at 5 months without a drop of alcohol. I'm very happy so far, as i seem to fall off the wagon around the three month mark. My goal is to go for the year and then i have no plans to start drinking again that's for sure. I'm more productive, better at what i do, can handle disappointments with a clear and rational mind. I'm much better at maintaining relationships / friendships. My anxiety has reduced dramatically and i can see that it will continue to do so.
I have no desire to drink at all, it's truly amazing. Thank's to everyone who has said it gets easier with time and practice, because it's really true.

Congratulations! What would you say was the most helpful tool for you in staying sober? Do you have any tips for those of us newbies?

neferkamichael 12-10-2013 03:20 PM

HappyAccidents, 5 months is FANTASTIC, congratulations, and tomorrow 2 years 3 months no crack here, Rootin for ya. :egypt:

http://www.christmasbuzz.com/glitter...raphics_03.gif

Anna 12-10-2013 03:41 PM

Great news! Thanks for the update.

HappyAccidents 12-10-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by kcbf (Post 4339672)
Congratulations! What would you say was the most helpful tool for you in staying sober? Do you have any tips for those of us newbies?

That's a really good but tough question.

Probably regular exercise to be honest. It takes my mind off things and the physical transformation that can happen is incredible. Also, having a lady friend forgive my past indiscretions that i couldn't bear to lose again. Practice, like anything you'll get better with practice and trying again. The more you try the easier it will get and time will fly much, much faster.

hayley86 12-10-2013 03:51 PM

Congratulations on 5 months! :)

kcbf 12-11-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by HappyAccidents (Post 4339746)
That's a really good but tough question.

Probably regular exercise to be honest. It takes my mind off things and the physical transformation that can happen is incredible. Also, having a lady friend forgive my past indiscretions that i couldn't bear to lose again. Practice, like anything you'll get better with practice and trying again. The more you try the easier it will get and time will fly much, much faster.

Thank you for your tips. All good advice. And, for someone who used to live to exercise, that is something that (while it seems like a mountain to climb right now with kids, working full time, homework, and all the other "excuses" life can bring) it is probably the one thing that will get me headed in the right direction. I am glad you have a lady who stands by you and is supportive of you. That is a keeper. Keep it going. And, congratulations again. The greatest gift you have given yourself. Life again.