Notices

New to the forum, hoping to meet others

Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking New to the forum, hoping to meet others

Hello everyone, I'm Peter and I'm on my 3rd day sober. I'm 22 but I have had experiences with drinking for 7 years. It was never excessive until I was 19 but it just got worse and worse. I started binge drinking at my worst this February and there have been maybe 15-20 days I haven't been drunk in these last 10 Months. I've gone through withdrawals from drinking and designer drugs (I quit last year)before but the last three days have been excruciatingly painful. The last few withdrawals just went away with a few less drinks for a week but now I was at the point in which I went into complete delerium. I was hearing people talk that weren't around, seeing objects slurry, had insomnia, and the worst part was that my head felt a mixture of pressure on my forehead and a buzzing on my crown. I have anxiety / bipolar disorder as well so I was stuck in a 24 hour panic attack. I don't want to feel this pain again, and I'm sick of how impaired alcohol makes us.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Peter, congrats on 3 days sober. This is a great place for support. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Peter.

I am glad you joined.

Are you going through this withdrawals alone or do you have someone to support you where you are?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It;s horrible and I have experienced much the same. Also began problem drinking at nineteen. It's so good that you want out now, it took me much longer. Keep posting here and perhaps you can figure out ways of coping and beating this thing x
Old 12-09-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies everyone, and thank you for the comgrats. I am currently in outpatient detox and I've been going to AA. I just really want a group closer to home. And its good to know I'm not the only one who felt this pain, Kadel. I know I'm not going to go back.

All the support makes me feel a lot better. Thanks again guys!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Peter its a good thing that you are realizing that alcohol is a problem at such a young age. Recovery is hard but necessary. I also started to worry about my drinking around age 22, admitting that there is a problem is the first step and for some people a very hard one especially when you're that young and all of your friends recreational activities is to get F`d up in some shape or form. I can honestly say that if i had not searched for help when i did I'd probably be dead or in prison. As is i still struggle staying sober, I often fall of the wagon but always find myself trying to get back on it, hopefully it will soon be an everlasting ride. Life is hard and us drinking or using makes it seem impossible at times. Congratulations on 3 days sober, the best advice i can give you is to stay active on these forums or AA/NA meetings, never give up. if u hit a rough patch and fall of the wagon get back up and start the ride again.