Notices

Plans and apps?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Plans and apps?

Well, I dont really have a hard and fast plan. I've had them in the past and failed, so this time I'm just taking it one step at a time. Only on day two as I've said elsewhere but I've been doing a couple of things these past two days and they are helping me through.

The first is being here, I've been online here almost non stop since I woke hungover on Sunday, reading and digesting as much as I can. I've been watching a lot of interviews and documentaries about alcoholism and seeing others succeed is one of the most inspiring things.

I've also, and this may seem silly, changed my phone background to simple block text of "I will not drink today". I use my phone frequently so that thought can never drop from my mind.

I've tried AA before and it really didn't help, but this forum is really helping a lot so thank you to those out there.

I'm really worried though about Christmas. I'll be by myself and the urge to drink will be heightened, there are places I could go but that will always be around people drinking and thats more of a concern.

Right now I'm just trying to work through each day. I know later this week will be hard- the fallout from my drinking will be forgotten and I'll be making excuses to justify it.

I wondered if anyone knew any good iPhone apps that can help with recovery in some small way?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I'm not very good with i phones. I tend to just touch them and they go berserk I'm sure there must be some however. They have an app for everything nowadays. Good for you trying lots of different things. It was just what I had to do, being another who didn't really get on in AA.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

The 19 Best Alcoholism iPhone & Android Apps of 2013 There you go, just found some.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankee
Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like the way you are thinking, DramaStudent: focus on the moment/the day at hand, while still anticipating the future. This has really helped me the last few weeks--"how will I deal with this weekend" thinking will really help, and of course we all answer the question a bit differently, but the common element is that we have a plan. Keep up the good work.