Notices

family member and heroin withdrawl

Old 12-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

family member and heroin withdrawl

A family member is will be staying with us for about a week she confessed to using and injecting heroin we are unsure if she will be taking methadone or if she is coming of it cold turkey
the family member will be having withdrawals and will need to see a dr as soon as possible she don't know about my past drug taken or the fact i have trouble with drinking ... While she is with us she will not be left in the house by herself , she will have no money and we will be searching her for needles and drugs
My mother is blaming another family member for her taking the drugs
But that isn't the other family member fault at all
She has overdosed on it before but was saved by paramedics
the family member is young over the age of 18
Anything goes missing in the house we will call the police

Am unsure of what we can do for her I have only took heroin once and its wasn't by injecting it
i know she will be very ill my mother says she is in pain because its been a few days since she had some

my family members boyfriend also take it but he has been arrested for stealing A large amount of money from a family member am unsure if he is in jail or not

Any advice would be helpful
Old 12-08-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you've got a good plan for when this person will be staying with you. Be sure to lay down the house rules. I hope it all goes smoothly.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been in your situation with my son. We went through a brief period when he was supposedly trying to get clean, but every time my back was turned, he found a way to get high. I couldn't stay with him every minute. The tough physical part of heroin withdrawal only lasts about five days, so if she is already a few days into it, she should be starting to feel better tomorrow. My advice to you would be to lock up or hide all your valuables. Even if she has the best if intentions at the outset, the cravings may get the best of her and she may steal to get high. Or she may not be serious about getting clean. You have no way to really know for sure, so it's better to be safe than sorry.