Notices

Anyone experience these?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone experience these?

Hi guys!! Question for everyone and I am seeing Dr's pretty regularly, although I am surprised at the lack of knowledge dealing with alcoholism. When I saw the Neurologist he asked me how often I drank, I said at least five nights he checked and said out loud "socially". I was a bit surprised. Anyway back to my question have you experienced any
Ringing in the ears
Twitching eyelids
Dizziness, lightheaded, vertigo (is this the fog?)
Blurry Vision
Restless Legs
Chills
I have read it can take time for the brain to heal, I had a MRI a little over a week ago that was clear for any tumors and am just wondering if I need the healing time. I feel like the Dr's are starting to think I am a bit coo coo. Some days are so great and some are bad. Today is 77 days sober. Thanks
Old 12-08-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would suggest a visit to your doctor for the above symptoms. It's doubtful it has to do with w/d since that's long over. I'd see a doctor to be safe.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I had most of those symptoms, on and off, up until about 3 and a half months. Sometimes, the body can take up to six months to readjust to not having alcohol in your system. Post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) can be a little different for everyone.

It's good you're in touch with your doctors. Give it a little more time and try to take your mind off it. A lot of times, when we focus on specific symptoms, our own nervous systems can exacerbate the issue. So try to distract yourself with productive actions.

And congrats on 77 days sober!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I had a lot of similar symptoms and the doctors put it down to anxiety. If you are already under a doctor and your scan was clear then that's good, just give it some time.