Notices

acupuncture?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

acupuncture?

My daughter has been going for acupuncture for relaxation, depression, and general well being. She is taking me with her on Tuesday. Is there any evidence that acupuncture helps alcoholism or the cravings for alcohol? Anyone familiar with it and what to expect? I have the feeling that anything that can help with my depression/ADD/anxiety may help, even if just by default.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Personal opinion only, but if acupuncture helped, I think I'd see a lot more posts promoting it. I've seen a few posts asking about it, none reporting success. However, if it can help with anxiety, and improve someone's general feeling of well being, I can't see where it would hurt.

And if you do find benefits from it, let us know.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have used acupuncture for stop smoking, it had an effect on me. I did not use it this time (I stopped a couple of months ago) – I did plan to but I did not come down to it.

Acupuncture can in my experience help if the problem is of that kind of nature. You have to find an honest person that knows what he is doing – otherwise forget it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's an addictions charity in the UK that uses acupuncture...I don't have any experience with it but I wouldn't mind trying it, I think there is logic to it.