Notices

binge drinking problem

Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Blackout drunk and arrested. That's your social life when you drink. You are clinging to some warm and fuzzy recollection of social drinking that has long passed you by.

There is life after drinking if you embrace it.
Yep, this is why I am here. I'm very fortunate that no one else was hurt from my driving. The problem is I remember that I blackout, except every time I go out I tell myself that I won't drink that much this time. Well, we all see how that worked out.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I understand. I've been there, trust me. It only gets worse ... I've learned that I can't trust myself when I drink because I too am unpredictable. It gets really scary... And doesn't get better- you seem in the right mindset to really reflect and get yourself together. No time to waste! Gotta make the rest of your life the best of your life
Old 12-08-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm only 43-days in, but I'll share my experience. I was also a 1 day a week binge drinker, I also used drinking as a social crutch, at first it made me feel funnier, more outgoing, etc. In the end, I was making a total ass of myself with dangerous and unpredictable blackout drunk behavior.
Since quitting I have realigned my friendships, reconnected with friends I knew were sober, and connecting with others via church. Meetings seem to be my social outlet, it's were you will find me on Fri/Sat evening. I've always been into working out, but I've stepped up my MMA training, and have discovered that now that I'm not destroying my body every Friday night with booze, I'm leaner, and my ability to perform has increased a ton. I absolutely recommend fitness for stress relief, and a much needed self esteem builder. I look better than I have in over 10-years, which is something considering I'm nearing 50.
I haven't really re-engaged socially, but at some point I may go dancing or do something more than just going to meetings. I am still dealing with regrets of the events that led me here, but I have no regrets that I am here. I was headed for destruction one way or another.