Notices

Hello

Old 12-07-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello all,
New to the site and trying to be new to sobriety. I have never tryed to stop drinking until now. I have until now pretty much ruined every relationship I have had because of alcohol. I just never wanted to or cared to stop or quit. I will be roaming the site and reading all the information that it has to offer.

Good day and thank you for what you do here.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR needachange :_You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 12-07-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Needingachange. That's how I got here over a year ago. I was having an especially bad week of drinking- very hungover every day and getting some pains from all the booze. It just crystallized in front of my eyes one night...I was going die from drinking eventually. There had been a lot of good points to give up drinking but I went passed them all. Now I'd reached a bad point to stop.

I searched for some variation of "quit drinking" and SR came up. I read for hours that night, tears streaming down my face as I devoured story after story. That first night I was very drunk but I vowed right then and there that this would be the last drunk night I would endure. And it was, haven't had a drop since. That was 13 months ago.

Good to have you hear, Needingachange. If you need a change you've come to the right place.