Notices

new 5 days dry

Old 12-06-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new 5 days dry

feeling very frightened and hoping i still have a future just got to go to the doctors and see how much damage i have done to my body , just the thought of make me cry and panic i know at the end of the day i did this to my body , i have suffered really bad anxiety and panic attacks for 18 years , 13 years ago i found a little drink made me feel in control over the years that amount grew and grew feeling very stupid x
Old 12-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! You are not stupid. And you are definitely not alone in how you feel. I too have suffered from panic attacks/anxiety for many years and medicated myself with alcohol for a long time.

The good news is that you found this site. There are plenty nice folks here that can share with you what they have done to get sober. Some people--like myself--needed medical treatment in order to detox from alcohol safely. Seeing a doctor is a good first step. They can help determine whether or not certain meds might be able to help you--if that is what you need. Hang in there! Keep posting. We do recover.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Don't feel stupid. We've all done it. You've done very well xx
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is possible to stop drinking and make a whole new life for yourself. I hope we can help you do just that.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sharon
Fantastic you are taking these steps.
Best thing to do is see a doctor.
You are doing a very intelligent and wise thing
putting down the drink and joining in on SR.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thankyou

i have not had any withdral problems is that still possible ? well only that i would love a big class of red wine i poured all the drink left in the house down the sink today and it felt good
Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! Indeed, it's very emotional to reflect on the years of thrashing ourselves. We can all relate. Try to stay focused on the moment--right now, you have the power to start making new decsions. Things will get better. Again, welcome to SR. I'm/we're glad you're here. Keep us posted, let us know how things are going.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Sharon

I hope you will still see the Dr, regardless of whether you feel you have withdrawals or not...at the very least you can put your mind to rest about your health concerns

D
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i will go to the doctors cant carry on any longer i am driving my self mad with worry what is done is done on monday i will try and make that call my husband wants to come with me , i think just to make sure i go in the door
Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hello Sharon!

Joining SoberRecovery and pouring all the booze down the drain are great steps to take!

We can't promise that you won't have any more withdrawal symptoms. But five days is great!

Keep posting!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Sharon and welcome,
I can relate to how your feeling, I too have used alcohol to self medicate my anxiety and depression, to the point where i'm not sure if I drank because I was depressed and anxious or I'm depressed and anxious because I drank! (confusing I know)

I'm new to this sobriety thing too, 17 days today and im going through a heap of health issues as well, my anxiety is near consuming me, I feel constantly ill and panicky and worried that I have also done irreversible damage to my body.

What keeps me going is reading other peoples stories and seeing that the anxiety is normal when we stop drinking and does get better with time!
There is hope! Sorry to bombard you with my issues, just want you to know your not alone and I get it.
Stay strong
Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you Sharon! I'm so glad you found us & have reached out for support.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Sharon joined today myself well done on 5days !!!
I have six month down get easier i promise !!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thank you' you have just written just how i feel i think i am having one panic attack that just wont stop