Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Checking in :) just a little update and hopefully a little hope

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all! Last time I posted it was just after a 2 hours slip. All it did was make me super sick and more determined. Today would have been my 4 month mark but I'm giving myself some credit even though I had a small slip. I've taken some time to enjoy being sober instead of fighting like crazy not to drink. The last few weeks have been amazing I wake up everyday loving life sober. I just got back from my first sober vacation and it was great. To everyone who is new, please keep fighting, clawing, putting minutes together, followed by hours then days. I promise it gets easier and SOOO worth it! I still have moments where my AV kicks in but as soon as it speaks I say go back to your corner and sit down. I still read on SR all the time and go to aftercare on Wednesdays. I follow so many of you on here and can't thank you enough for helping me get to this point. I want to spend more time on here encouraging and sharing my story to hopefully help others.

Thank you for reading! Everyone keep fighting the good fight! You can do it!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to hear you sounding so positive ACH. It's such a blessing to be free of it.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey ACH. You do sound really good. Glad you checked in.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's posts like this that make me want to stay sober. I'm only on my 4th day and am hanging on to the hope that life is going to be better. I have been on the merry go round of either drinking or hung over every day for far to long. Thanks for post and congrats to you!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just food for thought, if you drank once in four months, you are doing very well I haven't drank in 2+ weeks, but I can't say I haven't drank in the last 30 days yet, so good for you!