Notices

Detox wish I never even started.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight View Post
Also...

"This rain is too wet."?? Srsly??? Who is at a "fancy resort detox"? Certainly you don't mean me? Right?? Oh, I'm sorry I'm allowed to watch tv and use an iPad! You'd like me chained to a bed in a hospital Johnny begging for my daily ration of gruel??? "Oh please sir, I'll never drink again- if only you'll allow me but one phone call!!!" Woe is me!!!!! "A selfish circle of guilt and shame!" Wait to kick em while their down! Maybe you should consider being a counselor at one of these facilities.. I think you'd fit the bill quite nicely from what I've experienced thus far. And lastly, your little critiques aren't helping anyone stay sober. Next time, maybe consider- will what I say hurt this person and compromise their strength? Hmmmm.....
OK. Be well
Old 12-07-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're hanging in there ESN even though you don't like the circumstances.

Keep checking in.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Post what you feel. Don't listen to sanctimonium. It is detrimental. Get well soon xxxx
Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
Post what you feel. Don't listen to sanctimonium. It is detrimental. Get well soon xxxx
I agree. She should post what she feels. This place is an awesome site for support and guidance. It helped me out immensely in the beginning and continues to do so on a daily basis. I would not be where I am now without SR

That being said I don't think I nor anyone is being sanctimonious in any way. I was simply giving the OP my advice and what I went through in the beginning stages of quitting. My thoughts, feelings, emotions etc. We are all here to help each other, I am finding it hard to understand how anyone who gives their advice to the OP to be sanctimonious. Just because a "critique" (for lack of a better word) or advice may seem "stern" does not mean we are sitting on our alcoholic soap box casting stones. Advice is advice, it comes in all variances.

I apologize if my posts have come across in any way other than just trying to help.

I have learned a lot about gratitude. Being grateful for today. I spent way to much time harping on all the "negatives" around me instead of seeing the positives. This is not a way for me to condescend anyone, just my real life experiences. That is what we are all here for eh? To offer our experience and advice?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Anyone out there been through the tremendous challenge of detox, and do it with a big fat smile on their face? It is a shock to understand how this system really works and as effed up as it IS... and flat out, it is. Too many patients- not enough beds. Too many well intendeded advocates- god bless em- that get burned out.

You ever have to fight with every fiber of your being to stay put and see it through till the end- eventhough it SUCKS (not just for me), because you want more than anything to get better? Well that's where I'm at. Lemme tell ya what- all of the encouraging and sweet posts from so many of you have meant the WORLD to me! Because right now, it ain't all rainbows and buttercups. BELIEVE me, I know my attitude isn't up to par right now. But, I'm only human. I've been feeling frustrated, angry/hating myself, desperate for some help, and just really down... So thanks to all of you for hearing me out and sharing encouragement and kindness. I'm fighting hard enough with my addictive voice and the devil on my shoulder- without feeling judged because im REALLY fighting hard. So sorry for my attitude. But, I can't be in here freaking out. This outlet has been so valuable to me... So thank you guys. I'm starting to feel a LOT better.