Notices

41 Days!

Old 12-04-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

41 Days!

For any of you that have been following my progress you know that I have had ups and downs and relapses in trying to get over alcohol.

Today I am 41 days sober though im still not quite sure how one measures the sober start date (is it the minute after your last drink? The morning after? Im going with the latter) but I feel pretty good.

There are days when I feel very lethargic and sleep a lot. Im guessing this is my penance for drinking until I blacked out more or less every day for the past ten years. The other day several people I have not seen in a year said I looked 20 years longer. My co workers tell me there is a glow about me. I have in fact lost 10 lbs in the past month just by being sober and I havent even been workin out that much or eating well.

Im not sure if Ill stay sober forever. Im a cynical man and so dont really participate in the AA culture and still mingle with friends who drink. But based on the results Ive seen and how much of my life ive lost through alcoholism I can tell you that I dont want to drink. Friends are even becoming inspired to follow my lead, many for vanity reasons but whatever gets you sober.

I went to rehab for two weeks. Took a month off of work. Found my strength. Im still in a relationship with someone who abuses alcohol an cant admit to having a problem. This person even makes me feel bad at times for being sober as it inconveniences his "fun."

Ordinarily I would roll over. But let me tell you folks, without the booze my balls have grown and im standing my ground. Ive been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression and its amazing how much those things have eased without booze.

Why is it that alcohol, a drug that is legal and celebrated can be so evil? There is something wrong with our society. In my personal experience cocaine, marijuana and molly have not been nearly as detrimental as booze. But I guess were all different.

For anyone whose just starting I would recommend rehab if your insurance pays for it and u can get the time off work. Why not? When will you ever get a chance to just focus on yourself for several weeks and be forced to deal with your problems? Its helped me tremendously.

All the best my fellow warriors.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah!!! 41 days is awesome
Keep on keeping on.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. I was told when I first went to AA to keep coming, it works! Years later I found that to be true if we add the words "if we work it." It's also been a sad experience over the years to see so many want to drink more than they want to get sober and the results that are not nice at all. That was enough to encourage me to keep the plug in the jug.

BE WELL
Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 41 days sober! That's great.