Notices

Slip

Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slip

Nearly 10 mths went to Xmas and drank never saw it coming the result of my drinking ended me in hospital I was walking across the road and nearly got hit my husband pulled me out the way and I got knocked out bruised everywhere and head injury which turned out ok I'm sharing this story because I had one of those yets I rang my sponser and went to a meeting which was extremely hard my children woke up to see there parents In a scary condition for 10 mths I was doing well I thought the house was happy free of drama and In just one night I nearly died and when I picked up I just wanted to be normal like everyone else in the morning I went to the gym asked god for protection felt great when I got there never saw it coming and now I'm behind in my studies I'm wounded inside and out. When I ordered my first drink I sculled it and the obsession started the only thing I wanted was another another another drank every drink I missed out on in 10 months. I am praying I believe I am totally powerless over drinking and reading first step daily I'm trying not to be depressed and take something from this you should have seen my pic before I drank I had an inner shine and the after pic I look dead so I keep that in my mind any help would be great thank you lis x
Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 4 omg can't believe I'm back to day 4 I'm glad I didn't keep drinking though and went straight back to recovery just praying I can see why
Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The important thing is you're back and you're ok
thanks for sharing Liss

D
Old 12-03-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you went through all of that. At least it IS day 4 and you aren't drinking right now

It also sounds like you are taking steps to address your mental obsessions with the booze(sponsor, steps, etc). So in that respect, I think you should be happy with yourself that you are putting in effort to make positive changes in your life. Try not to beat yourself up over something that can't be undone. It's best to just accept it, learn from it, and move on(I know sometimes it can be harder said then done). Consider some different things you can do differently when the urges arrive like AVRT, calling your sponsor and AA, etc. Posting here has helped me when I felt urges. Just typing out the "seductive thoughts of the beast" and reading why I felt drinking would be a good idea made me rationally see that it was a really dumb idea.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newman23 View Post
Sorry to hear you went through all of that. At least it IS day 4 and you aren't drinking right now It also sounds like you are taking steps to address your mental obsessions with the booze(sponsor, steps, etc). So in that respect, I think you should be happy with yourself that you are putting in effort to make positive changes in your life. Try not to beat yourself up over something that can't be undone. It's best to just accept it, learn from it, and move on(I know sometimes it can be harder said then done). Consider some different things you can do differently when the urges arrive like AVRT, calling your sponsor and AA, etc. Posting here has helped me when I felt urges. Just typing out the "seductive thoughts of the beast" and reading why I felt drinking would be a good idea made me rationally see that it was a really dumb idea.
I don't know AVRT should I learn about it ? And thank you for your support x
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The thoughts of wanting to be like "normal" people can creep out of nowhere. I finally accepted that I'm not normal. I'm an alcoholic. Once I truly truly truly accepted that, my sobriety became easier. I hope you find this too