Notices

Scared and alone

Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi kcbf - you came to the right place. I've been trying to get sober for years and since I've found this place, I have turned a major corner.

I too was terrified at the damage my drinking had done to my poor body since I drank quite heavily for at least 10 years. I had to get checked out before I entered rehab and was petrified at what the results of the tests would reveal. I obviously wasn't in tip top shape or perfect health but my blood work etc. results came back with no major isssues surprisingly enough. I had dodged a bullet and was so relieved. Anyway all that to say that you need to see a doctor just to rule that out and then once you know what you're dealing with, can totally focus on your recovery. I wish you all the best
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thank you kcbf.

its not crazy thinking really! its absolutely normal. but we can try to be excited rather than scared of the unknown. we can be anyone we want to be. once we have the power taken away from the substance, that power - that enormous power which an inanimate substance held - still exists, but it is rechannelled. as for people liking you - allow us to LOVE you for now - until you can love yourself. you can do anything. you are a beautiful human being. take care. now you're here, stay
Old 12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you. Congratulations on your recent sobriety. Keep it up. I am glad to hear that even a little bit helps and that you are noticing a difference in how you are feeling and that your stamina is back up. Yes, I too, eat worse than I ever have. Actually, I don't really eat much at all, but when I do, it wouldn't be the best choice. I used to be so health conscious, was a competitive gymnast and swimmer. So, one day at a time. I enjoy coming here, it makes me feel better
Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marselles View Post
i felt relief in that ambulance because here was a way out i thought.
I also felt relief in the back of an ambulance, but not for the same reasons. I didn't want to die...I thought to myself, "I can finally get help now. I can finally go to a hospital and get well". Crazy the ends we go to...when we could have just put down the bottle on our own before all of this happened.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree,

I think it's important to understand that we aren't "giving up" anything by choosing to be sober. There are no benefits, logically, to being a drug addict and filling our bodies with this poison. The true benefit is being able to remain sober and enjoy everything with a clear, focused mind.

"It's funny how falling feels like flying for a little while."