Notices

super bi polar high

Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

super bi polar high

Pretty sure its a high been a while . I'm real jacked up bp is thru the roof though I've heard that thats what happens when you quit cold turkey . if I had money I would see a shrink , I'm not taking meds at at the moment . I thought briefly about getting some alcohol a bit ago to calm down but then figured I'm pretty happy I do like how I feel other then knowing I'm not going to sleep anytime soon . and besides if I drink I'm going to get a hangover . plus I think I will need time to normalise . how long did it take all u to sleep without booze ? any others bis have the same problem ?

what up with relationships ? I know your book says to wait a year . I'm not sure thats going to work . not having sex is going to be as much as a trigger as me being out trying to seduce a woman . yes I know I need to stabalize. But I'm not going to brush off every woman I meet in the next year who smiles my way
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of us have sleep hassles for a little while.
Here are some commonsense non medication suggestions:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/insomnia/...omniatips.aspx

On the relationship thing - It's a suggestion, not a rule

There's some wisdom to it in my opinion - I needed time to sort myself out. I also needed time to know that the stresses and strains of a relationship would not adversely affect my recovery.

I waited until I got myself together - for me that was about 6 or 7 months, other people may find their mileage varies.

Try and be patient...this is your time, time to work on your recovery and what you want your life to be

Don't know much about BP but others will have experience to share
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by AdmimalBlueEyes View Post
Pretty sure its a high been a while . I'm real jacked up bp is thru the roof though I've heard that thats what happens when you quit cold turkey . if I had money I would see a shrink , I'm not taking meds at at the moment . I thought briefly about getting some alcohol a bit ago to calm down but then figured I'm pretty happy I do like how I feel other then knowing I'm not going to sleep anytime soon . and besides if I drink I'm going to get a hangover . plus I think I will need time to normalise . how long did it take all u to sleep without booze ? any others bis have the same problem ?

what up with relationships ? I know your book says to wait a year . I'm not sure thats going to work . not having sex is going to be as much as a trigger as me being out trying to seduce a woman . yes I know I need to stabalize. But I'm not going to brush off every woman I meet in the next year who smiles my way
You need to see your psychiatrist, ASAP. Detoxing on your own is always dangerous, but adding bipolar depression to the equation makes it more perilous, particularly if you abruptly stopped taking your meds along with quitting alcohol "cold turkey."

As long as your bipolar depression remains untreated, you are not only at risk for drinking and all that comes with it; you're also at risk for other self-destructive behaviors. In most cases, treatment means a combination of the appropriate medication and therapy, not one or the other.

A preoccupation with sex is often associated with bipolar depression and typically leads to other dangerous situations and events. The high that comes with high-risk behaviors in bipolar depression is only one reason why people with the diagnosis are non-compliant with medication. From years of experience and hundreds of people who've commented here about their struggles, you'll likely lose anything that you put before your sobriety.