Notices

Here is where I'm at

Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here is where I'm at

Well, I am brand new to this website. And not really sure where to start. I am newly sober.... again. I tried once several years ago. Made it a few months completely sober, then though I didn't drink for a full year, I began smoking weed instead. Which I know doesn't count as being sober. Well this time, I am atempting to be sober again, completely sober. As of now I am on day 3. Again. Last week was when I really decided it was time for me to quit.... and I made it 6 days. But because (as much as I hate to say it,) I am an alcoholic, after only six days... here I am at day three again. It is a little discouraging.... but I am serious this time! I want to quit! So I thought I would join this community, so maybe I could find some support...
Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR, SunT!

You've come to the right place for knowledge and support. Many of us know that merry-go-round all too well.

Best of Luck on your journey!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and I'm glad you are here with us! Have you identified what triggers bring you back to drinking? For me, that was half the battle and once I was able to recognize them, it helped me immensely in shutting down the urge to pick up a drink.

With every slip and/or relapse, we learn something. It's what we do with that knowledge that counts. You can do it this time!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You'll find lots of support here.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you suntastic. I think it'll really help to be where you never have to feel alone. No one in my life understood what I was going through. Congratulations on your 3 days. You can do this - there's no doubt.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Suntastic.
Sometimes there are many stops and starts to our recovery. It seems almost impossible to get it right on the first try. At least that is my take on the situation. This forum has been a wonderful tool for my sobriety. I hope that you find it to be the same for you. Welcome!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Zelda Fan,
I don't think I have identified all of my triggers... I have some guesses though? I drink most when I am alone... between the time I get home from work and my husband heads to work, also before the kids get home from school. I do know that during my 6 day sobriety.. on day 2 my husband snuck booze in the house and drank that day and the next. I tried to be okay with it and pretend I didn't know, but I think it welled up inside me and that was part of what led me to drinking. Him drinking is a definate trigger, mostly just because I know there is booze around. Other than that, I am still trying to figure out any others. Do you have any tips for when I am home alone?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Hi. I usually do some hobby or other, like writing, come on here or watch a funny film.