Notices

Holy sh*t, i may need to start over tomorrow

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Cheeky. My kids can drive me nuts too, and I've often used them as an excuse to relapse. It doesn't help things though. It just makes it worse

Glad you made it through the night. Good on ya
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm a hydro user, not a drinker, but I used to feel like when people annoyed me or there was a major task I had to do, that I was getting permission to take my pills. I'm day 6 sober so I have yet to determine a replacement for that annoyance but I figure we do it because we don't know how to face adversity. We are dulling our reaction to the affects our mental absence to the situation is having. By not being there to manage The kids, or the annoying coworker, we aren't creating a situation to prevent them from being annoying in the future. We are allowing status quo, which we've admitted annoys us. Maybe forcing ourselves to be present in the situation will allow us to have an outcome less annoying next time?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Originally Posted by cheeky1 View Post
Major major trigger for me is dealing with my kids.
Yep. Me to. That was a hard trigger to get over, but I was complaining here about the kids and someone posted that drinking does not make them any better, it just makes us not care. That has stuck with me and has helped.

However, last night they were puking so my AV did take a run at me. I won.

Hang in there. Kids are brutal.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sick doctor

I can look at my daughter now without thinking of the next drink I'll take, figure out with her how we can stop annoying each other, and build a relationship over days and months, rather than starting again every hungover day. This is amazing; the triggers aren't gone, but the gun is no longer pointed at my own head. I hope you can build day by day, and not take it out on yourself with drink.