Notices

playing the cards

Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

playing the cards

Life does not care if we are sober or not, does it? It just keeps dealing the cards and we gotta play em, respond to them. I have a very natural yet heavy situation I'm experiencing. I was not expecting to deal with it just yet, but life does not care. I post this just to announce to you, my sober friends, that I will deal with this sober. I will drive by the liquor stores tonight. I will go to bed with my thoughts, real, emotions, zero inebriation. Crap. I want to numb a bit, but that solves nothing. The good and the bad. Deal. It's going to be okay. My mind is equipped with the tools to handle. I think I'm being tested. Something, someone wants to see how serious I am about this sobriety thing. Pretty dang serious.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tend to think it's just life malcolm

I drank away all my problems for 20 years - having to face a normal day, with all its thousands of little annoyances challenges and obstacles is tough... but it gets easier the more we do it

D
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What Dee said. I went into sobriety facing the worst break-up of my life... A direct result of my drunken behavior, but I've handled every long minute of it sober. It has been the worst emotional event I've ever faced, but I'm through the worst of it and I'm still sober.
Drinking was like my pause button, I usually needed to hit that button every Friday after work. Takes a while to unlearn that behavior. Sounds like you have a good resolve, that's awesome.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We gain strength every time we get over one of those hurdles. Getting numb to deal with troubles just makes everything harder to cope with. Proud of you for dealing with your challenges sober.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good on you for posting to air it out, Malcolm. Whatever it is, you will definitely handle it better with a clear head.