Notices

Happy Holidays! Much Thanks for love & prayers!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Happy Holidays! Much Thanks for love & prayers!

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted to y'all, so here it goes. First & foremost, I'm still sober!! I got to spend my first "sober sister" Thanksgiving. I usually only come up to visit for a few days because of the drinking that goes on here. My sister hasn't had a drink for over 2 weeks! I can't say how happy this visit has been. I have had a few hard days with the cancer pain. And, the fatigue from the chemo has had me sleeping a little more than I like. But, the Oncologist say's it's normal. unfortunately, it hurts to try to hold the Grand niece for to long.... heck typing for more than a few minutes hurts my shoulder quite a bit, much less holding a bubbly bouncing 6 month old. No matter what, it has turned into an extended visit because I feel more at home here with everyone aware of how important "Quality Time" truly is & we are all enjoying this time I have up here. I have to go home before Thursday, to go to a Dr.'s Appointment. It's going to be sad to leave. But, I'm hoping to be able to come home for Christmas!
I have one more 3 day round of Chemotherapy, and, then I have to get another scan to see what the treatment has done so far. I go to start radiation in the chest next, (More Chemo?) & radiation for the brain. Having already been through both of the treatments once, I'm aware of what is in store. But, as far I can tell, (before the scan), The lump in my breast has shrunken quite a bit. That's giving me a lot more hope that everything will be alright! In the mean time I keep on praying, Trying to take care of myself, & be with the ones that matter the most as much as possible! I'm blessed to have the gift of seeing my sister make an attempt at sobriety & was willing to talk about it with me too, She said now she see's what I see! My nephew got hammered on Thanksgiving, & she was on the sober end of the stick. We talked about it & I was blown away at her reaction. She really is serious about it from what I've seen. Her husband & Son have to keep their booze out of the freezer. No more frozen shot glasses. And they don't do shots ALL day & night anymore!
Well, I'm in a little pain here, so, I'm gonna wrap my shoulder with the heating pad, put on a pain patch, and take a nap! Woo Hoo.... living on the edge!
Take care all.
Much love & many many Hug s
Old 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you continue to get good news and that you're home for Christmas KW

best wishes as always

D
Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Key, I'm so glad you are having a happy visit with your family. I have been thinking about you. Wishing you the very best. Sending hugs.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy holidays to you also.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your strength and hope about sobriety - glad to hear it pays off.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Sending lots of love and hugs to you!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you're getting through this. I'm so glad that you're able to see things in such a positive light.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Thank you for the update! I wish you strength and comfort. In so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've also been thinking about you a lot, Key! I'm glad to hear things are going well despite the circumstances. Every day is so precious, but most of us don't realize it, busy as we are in the minutia of our daily hustle and bustle. Stephen Hawkins once said that his [Lou Gehrig's] disease was a blessing to him because it forced him to become focused; knowing his time was finite made his throw himself into his work.

No one knows what the future holds, and none of us have any guarantees of days of to come. That said I hope you many more years ahead of you. You display a lot of courage and wisdom, and the way you're living your life is inspiring to a lot of us here!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Heya Key ~~ Good to see you, I think of you often.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update and loads of love to you Xx
Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Key, so good to hear from you. I am sending love, hugs and prayers. I am so proud of how strong you have become.