SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Making a plan (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/315128-making-plan.html)

PinotNOmore 12-01-2013 09:15 PM

Making a plan

I just dug out my arsenal of self help books that I had buried away last year when I thought I was "cured". I have: How to quit drinking without aa, eating for recovery, the essential nutrition plan to reverse the physical damage of alcoholism, The cure for alcoholism, A mother's daily prayer book, and The vitamin cure for alcoholism.

I also recently ordered Under the Influence, and the Smart recovery handbook. So I got those out of my bedside table.

I am going to do some serious reading. I am also going to try to go to an AA meeting tomorrow or Tuesday, and am going to try to reschedule my therapy appt. for this week (which I canceled last week after a week of not drinking, cause I thought I was fine). I am also going to get to the doctor to get some blood work done that my therapists nurse requested in case I decide to try any meds to help.

That's my plan for now.

anchorbird 12-01-2013 09:30 PM

Sounds like a good plan! Keep up the good work.

Dee74 12-01-2013 09:42 PM

Great to see you making plans Pinot :)

D

MythOfSisyphus 12-01-2013 10:09 PM

I'm glad you're taking an active role in getting your recover back on track, PinotNoMore! You can do it.:ring

awuh1 12-01-2013 10:34 PM

Just one slight alteration of the plan would seem to be in order. I think Yoda said it best. Here is a 30 second clip of it. Do. Or do not. There is no try. - YouTube

PinotNOmore 12-01-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by awuh1 (Post 4323566)
Just one slight alteration of the plan would seem to be in order. I think Yoda said it best. Here is a 30 second clip of it. Do. Or do not. There is no try. - YouTube

Lol yes, I caught the "trys" in there after I posted! Good catch! They are in there for the possibility I won't be able to find a sitter, and if my therapist is already booked. :) how about this: I will be going to an aa meeting either Monday or Tuesday and I will be rescheduling with my therapist even if she can't get me in this week! ;-)

awuh1 12-01-2013 10:49 PM

:You_Rock_

MythOfSisyphus 12-02-2013 01:22 AM

Sounds like a plan, Pinot! You've come such a long way in the time you've been posting here. I know you will succeed!:c011:

Nonsensical 12-02-2013 02:55 AM

It might be my military background, but I am a Plan Fan.

Make the plan, work the plan!

Best of luck on your journey!

dwtbd 12-02-2013 04:22 AM

Pinot great to see the go get it attitude

I hope the main plan about alcohol use is that there won't be any, and all the other things will be tools to help with that. :)

doggonecarl 12-02-2013 05:36 AM

Action is the real measure of intelligence.
--Napoleon Hill

Also the real measure of recovery!

Anna 12-02-2013 06:23 AM

I hope you have a good day today, Pinot!

jdooner 12-02-2013 06:34 AM

Good for you PNM. I too have followed your posts for a while and its good to see the changes.

Mountainmanbob 12-02-2013 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore (Post 4323483)

I have: How to quit drinking without aa, eating for recovery, the essential nutrition plan to reverse the physical damage of alcoholism, The cure for alcoholism, A mother's daily prayer book, and The vitamin cure for alcoholism.

I also recently ordered Under the Influence, and the Smart recovery handbook. So I got those out of my bedside table.

I am also going to try to go to an AA meeting tomorrow or Tuesday.

if you don't have one already
you may wish to pick up a AA Big Book while at the meeting
there is some good stuff in there for the alcoholic who wishes to get sober
MM