Notices

support system

Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

support system

Hi everyone!
I hope you are having a good Sunday

My battle with booze has been a long one. I have been fighting this rough journey for some time....But refuse to let it win!
I need a support system. I need people that can relate. I know I can find that here. And I hope to also support anyone out there who just needs a friend.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Journey, welcome to the Forum, it's a great place for support!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, journey! You will find all of the above here!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Journey3! Welcome! You will find a lot of support here. Keep reading and posting. We are here for each other!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR! Don't stop believing, journey!

(OUCH!)

If you were looking for alcohol addicts, you've come to the right place. There's a few of them hanging out here.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you! ... every once in awhile that voice pops up. I have no person that can relate to turn to .....I have realized all it takes it VERY simple advice for me to turn around from a craving but sometimes that simple advice is not found inside me when my addiction is screaming at me....so that's where you guys come in! from what I see on the forum so far; this is where I need to be! .... and I can only hope to do the same for you!! Thanks again! xoxo
Old 12-01-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi. I have a world wide support system of people who understand us. It's called AA and has helped millions since its inception. Meeting are many scattered world wide along with the benefit of people to call and share with.

These forums help many over the rough edges also if you post.

BE WELL
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You'll find lots of support here.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Journey
tons of support here - feel free to join our Class of December thread too

D
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

daily accountability

Spent another day floating through the day over actually LIVING for the day; all for a pitiful, drunken, self loathing & angry night.
Back at this same day I keep facing again and again swearing to sobriety "for real this time"
I am making progress. I am not a failure until I quit trying.
Today that little voice is ALREADY saying, "you can drink again one day just get some time under your belt" ALREADYYYY! WHYYY!? It is so annoying. You think day 1 would be one of the easiest to get through.
I have been giving into that voice the past two years and look at me...progress yes...but getting to where I ultimately want to be...no…not even close. I will NEVER get to that place I want to be..EVER..with alcohol in the mix! I need to remove that option and just somehow convince my addicted mind to believe and know wholeheartedly drinking is not an option..EVER! Then to know that dumb voice that creeps up is A LIAR!
I am sick of wasted hangover days. I am sick of not being able to be 100%. I am sick of drinking and hoping that I will at least get some kind of warm fuzzy feeling that I got 15 years ago. Sick of the anxiety and depression that is solely alcohol induced! Sick of the guilt, low self esteem and beating myself up. I am sick of missing events or family time because of either drinking or a hangover. Sick of not being able to control this one thing in my life that is making it difficult!
There is nothing normal about my drinking....never will be.
Addictions sucks but I WILL conquer it. I am determined!!!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sleep for last night….woke up on every hour but did not have a real pain with being tired today.
Definitely was very touchy and testy with just about everyone I came in contact with BUT overall played it off OK and if I didn’t; oh well they most likely deserved it.
I did not have the urge to drink today. I am not being naïve & I know that desire will come up BUT I am just thankful it did not today.
So the problem TODAY is not about a desire being there to drink & fighting it off, but it is with my addiction thinking about future ordeals and alcohol not being allowed via rules of journey3. Not sure if I will ever figure this one out?!
We talked about alcohol addiction in psychology class today. The girl sitting next to me when pondering on notes from the teacher looked at me and said “7 drinks a week for women is considered normal; wow that seems like a lot” All I could do was say “yeah sure does”. I wonder what she would have said if my response would have included that I could not be at a sitting without 8 minimum and that was improvement for me recently. Then the girl on the other side of me says…”yeah but what’s considered a drink” I lied again and said “don’t know”. The teacher also said a lot of stuff about alcoholism that I already was well aware of from fighting this addiction for over 10 years already. I hope I played the deer in headlights look off OK.
I am going to start the gym tomorrow & stick to it.
Woo hoo day 2