Notices

SR Workout/Exercise/Well Being Club?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Were you able to dump the caffeine Renarde? I need to do that.
I am still struggling. I have had caffeine 3 times since I quit. Never coffee, but I've had black tea twice and yesterday I had a diet soda. I think the second time I had black tea I started the withdrawals up all over again because I've had awful headaches. Yesterday's headache was fixed by caffeine. I am going into finals week so I can't deal with withdrawals and I may have to just deal with this and quit again over my winter break. But I have felt really good off of it!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Indenial618 View Post
I've always wanted to run a 5k. Going to look into how to start training do one. Being that today is day 1 for me and I'm feeling awful there is not much I will be doing besides surfing the web for tips. I had a great while of eating clean as well. Need to get back to that.
Do you have a smart phone? I used the "Couch to 5K" app and it was awesome!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Checking in - I am committed to eating enough, drinking at least 2L of water, and lifting weights at the gym today!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I second the couch to 5k app! And add myfitnesspal
Old 12-02-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm going to stick to the greysheets WOE (part of OA) and see how I do this week. Got a cold so I don't see me hitting Zumba tonight. Just need to not eat after dinner... We all graze after. Ugh.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Renarde, and anyone who wants the measurements,

The chia pudding is about 1/2 cup chia to about 2 cups liquid, plus any varying flavors you add, to make about 4 servings. I'm keeping it chilled in the fridge.

I don't usually do exact measures. But I try to make it creamy and slightly sweet, and I sometimes use a banana and almond milk as the base plus cocoa powder or berries in the blender. You blend 1/4 cup chia with all the other stuff, then stir in the last 1/4 cup. Chia is good with non-exact recipes
Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Starting my dance class tonight. Getting ready for those bruises, yikes. But I must not wuss out! I always feel great after taking this class. It's been 6 months!!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

HI All,

Weighed in this morning and I managed to get rid of the two pounds I gained from Thanksgiving:-) Went to the gym Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today. Going to gym it tomorrow and Wednesday too, so hoping I can record some kind of loss on Thursday (Thursday is my official Weight Watchers weigh in day:-)
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

How about we move this thread to the daily support threads. We sign up and then post our weekly plan. You get 2 points for every day you accomplish the goal you set for yourself at the beginning of the week. If you don't you loose 1 point for every day you missed.

We tally the point every month and have a SR fitness champion male and female?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Our Daily Support Forum is only for the continuation of existing threads - when they reach a part 2 etc.

When you guys reach 500 posts, Part 2 will start in the other forum.

We'll leave things as they are for now

D
Old 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
How about we move this thread to the daily support threads. We sign up and then post our weekly plan. You get 2 points for every day you accomplish the goal you set for yourself at the beginning of the week. If you don't you loose 1 point for every day you missed. We tally the point every month and have a SR fitness champion male and female?
What a fun idea! I like that!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hmm I know some people do well with points and rewards and competition like logging, but I'm just not one of them. I just like to log my process and see what others are doing
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hmm I know some people do well with points and rewards and competition like logging, but I'm just not one of them. I just like to log my process and see what others are doing
I'm with you. I'm not very competitive; just running or walking everyday and not drinking these past few months has been enough of a victory for me. Hearing that others are eating healthy and exercising helps and encourages me.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maye it's best that those who are motivated by competition have their own mini competition...

others can opt out and go at their own pace?

D
Old 12-02-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Maye it's best that those who are motivated by competition have their own mini competition...

others can opt out and go at their own pace?

D
Will there be crowns for the winners? Because if there are going to be crowns I may change my mind.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm in. My goal is to get back to consistent exercise. Is it okay if I just document my workouts? This will help keep me accountable. I actually started last Friday. Here goes.

Friday: 4 rounds of 200 singles (jump rope) and 20 kettle bell swings. Time: 15 min.
Saturday: 400 meter run. 3 rounds: 4 weighted step ups (60 lbs to a 24 inch box), 5 pull ups, 6 burpies. Repeat same 3 rounds. 400 meter run. Time: 13:50
Sunday: 2.5 mile run. Time: 17: 48
Today, 12/2: Rest
Old 12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Starting my dance class tonight. Getting ready for those bruises, yikes. But I must not wuss out! I always feel great after taking this class. It's been 6 months!!
What kind of dance Plenny?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah. I get real competitive, so I kind of want to stay away from that. It actually gets unhealthy for me. If people want to compete, that's awesome, I will even cheer you on and support you, but I will respectfully decline to participate. I still like the idea of documenting my work--that really helps me. Is that okay?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I love myfitnesspal also. I really need to get back on that as well. Logging what I ate and counting calories really got me in better shape quicker.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

This thread has just started at just the right time for me, signing up, have been paying for a gym but not attending :-( was considering cancelling but just a bit unhappy with the weight I have been gaining. Aiming to go swimming and rowing tomorrow.