Notices

SR Workout/Exercise/Well Being Club?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in! I just registered for the forums after years of reading them. Crazy that I was looking for something like this exact thread. I'm ready to be healthy.

I've been eating somewhat okay today and have backed a carb-free fruit and veg filled lunch tomorrow. I also plan to go to hot yoga tmrw evening. I have a tendency to overexert myself so I'll have to watch that!

My goal is to stay sober, but it would be nice to lose this 40 pound-wine gain.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Take it 30 min before meal 3x per day and has been shown to double fat burn in blind study. Google Dr Oz to learn more
Isn't it green tea extract?
Old 12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great idea. Exercise is the best form of therapy!! =]
Old 12-01-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Isn't it green tea extract?
Nope - Green Coffee Bean Extract and needs to have >50% GCA
Old 12-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi! I am glad I stumbled upon this site, I've had a not so healthy month of November and would like to turn some things around this month.

So far I've made a healthy dinner of beet and cauliflower coconut curry with caramelized onions and brown rice, and some hot chicken broth with a little fish sauce, lemongrass, sriracha, green beans and shiitakes

I've signed up for pole dancing classes again. I really enjoyed it. But fell off earlier this year. So I'm hoping I can stick with it this time... It was the best workout I'd ever found

I'm trying to repeat my daily trifecta for happiness: exercise, art, and books.

I hope I can keep these things a part of my daily life.

Great thread to share recipes in too!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've been walking, but am eating too much x mas candy. Going to try for healthier food choices
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh I also prepared a chia pudding? For my breakfast?

I blended almond milk, coconut milk, a little maple syrup, some blackberries, some hazelnuts, and 1/4 cup of chia seeds until smooth. Then I stirred in another 1/4 cup of chia seeds and it's setting up in the fridge now.

I like this stuff because it is very filling and light and keeps me from crashing and getting desperate, and thus buying pastries.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in! When I first quit drinking, I was going to the gym and yoga regularly, but I've slacked off. I signed up for another month of hot yoga and need to get to the gym at least twice a week. Thanks for starting this thread! I needed some inspiration.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Oh I also prepared a chia pudding? For my breakfast?

I blended almond milk, coconut milk, a little maple syrup, some blackberries, some hazelnuts, and 1/4 cup of chia seeds until smooth. Then I stirred in another 1/4 cup of chia seeds and it's setting up in the fridge now.

I like this stuff because it is very filling and light and keeps me from crashing and getting desperate, and thus buying pastries.
The Tarahumara swore by it for centuries. Love the cha cha chia. Try some honey vs maple syrup to change it up.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Plenny, I'd love some measurements for your pudding, like how much of each ingredient - I'd like to try that.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My ultimate workout goal is to do yoga 1-2x per week, run 1-2x per week, and lift weights 3x per week.

I am so weak right now and struggle with getting enough protein and calories in my diet, so I will be focusing on that. I also think I am going to eliminate wheat in the new year.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Were you able to dump the caffeine Renarde? I need to do that.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Great idea Gillian, count me in. Currently running 4 times per week building the distance slowly. Last week was 3 x 5km plus 6.5km longer run yesterday. Will do the same again this week. Looking for some exercises to do in the house on days I'm not running if anyone has any suggestions?

Weight is down from 167lbs to 162. Aiming to get down to 154lb to add a bit of speed to my running! Again, if anyone has any tips on good ways to burn fat (struggling to get rid of the 'beer' gut even with running) then let me know.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Nice idea! I run 2-4 times a week, quitting drinking will make me better. So today I start a training program for a longer run in the spring. Hoping that this will help me not drink. I will also see a dietis to discuss healthy food aiding recovery and the running.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Since we're keeping the thread here, I'll join! :-). I've always been fairly health-oriented, but for drinking. Since I've stopped drinking, I've seen a major change in my body, in that some abdominal fat I've had for the past few years is literally vanishing without any change in my diet or exercise routine! A little extra benefit.

My regular routine is two days of hot yoga, two runs (usually between 3.5 and 5 miles unless I'm training for an event,) and two turbofire hiit workouts per week.

As far as nutrition, my biggest hurdle has typically been portion size, but weight watchers luckily assisted tremendously with that!

My goal is to not gain weight over the Christmas holidays!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I've always wanted to run a 5k. Going to look into how to start training do one. Being that today is day 1 for me and I'm feeling awful there is not much I will be doing besides surfing the web for tips. I had a great while of eating clean as well. Need to get back to that.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Eating leftover salmon for breakfast, and promise to get on my elliptical today! Oh, and actually make the elliptical moce for about 30 minutes if I can!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Indenial618 View Post
I've always wanted to run a 5k. Going to look into how to start training do one. Being that today is day 1 for me and I'm feeling awful there is not much I will be doing besides surfing the web for tips. I had a great while of eating clean as well. Need to get back to that.
There is a popular training method that will take you from non-runner to competing in your first 5k in 12 weeks. Google "couch to 5k" or "C25K". I used it and had great success.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ornithology View Post
There is a popular training method that will take you from non-runner to competing in your first 5k in 12 weeks. Google "couch to 5k" or "C25K". I used it and had great success.
LOVE couch to 5k... got me going a couple of years back! There are some great apps for your phone that keep the times for your during your intervals.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning Well Being Buddies! Well I didn't get to the gym as I had hoped yesterday due to a hot water malfunction in the washing machine... so since I had to stick around for that fiasco, I got about 80% of my Monday chores completed in order to free up time today! Who says cleaning and scrubbing doesn't count as exercise???

Hoping to attend a noon AA in person meeting and to actually get to the fitness center this afternoon. Husband wants pork chops for dinner, so I'll be grilling those, and making some steamed veggies, a tossed salad, and a healthy grain to accompany dinner.

Feeling very energized that we are almost 30 days ahead of the big New Year's rush!

Welcome to everyone! This is going to be awesome!