Notices

Late night foods

Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Late night foods

I have found eating to be such a glorious thing the last few days. My eating habits before were, well nonexistent. I ate when I got to the point of having cramps. Rarely ate before drinking, and the last few weeks I wasn't even eating before bed after 8-12 beers. The horror the next mornings....Anyways, thought I would list my favorite, late night before bed. Anyone have any please jump in! I may have to watch this in the future if I gain too much wait, but for right now it is less calories than 8-12 beers lol

The last few nights, I would eat a few things thru the night. Bag of popcorn, reeces cups, and then right before bed, 2 s'more pop tarts. All with water.

I ate a much bigger dinner tonight, so I had the reeces cups an hour or so ago, but I am about to tear into a small container of Moose Tracks Ice Cream. Muh-hahaha. It doesn't stand a chance. Not drinking has SOOO many benefits. Ever tried ice cream after a bunch of beer?

yeah, me either :p
Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

I'm eating a TON more. I plan to scale it down after the long weekend and I plan to start a serious exercise regime. I have decided that all of the energy I used to put into drinking I will put into exercise.

Initially, I thought I would lose weight since I'm not drinking over 1000 calories a day anymore.. but I've actually gained weight.. not sure how that is possible.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan Suekie. I will try to explain the weight gain as best I can. I am no dietician but have been reading a lot of random things lately.

It is natural for our bodies, after long periods of being malnourished to store the new calories. It is what let's animals survive during famine. To our bodies, food has been scarce. Real calories have been mostly none existent. So it is storing this new found food in fear it is temporary and must prepare to return to the famine. The way I understand it, once your body gets used to having regular food again it will begin using the food energy instead of storing it. It seems this is why people who diet, then eat a lot, diet, then eat a lot never lose any weight, they actually gain from this natural defense within our bodies. I "think" the exercise will speed this up because it will see it as necessary to continue to receive it's food(hunting).
Old 11-29-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another relevant post, Mikie9. I've been leaning on Honeynut Cheerios. I dusted almost a whole box last night. Also, before Thanksgiving dinner, I bought a pack of those small Reeses candies. I put them in the glove box of the car, and when I started feeling edgy I'd sneak out to the car and pop a few. Made me feel like I was doing something I was not supposed to, like I had a bottle stashed in the car. I hear you guys too on the weight issue. I have the same concern. I'm just going easy on myself for the first few weeks here. Right now, anything is better than that frickin poison I used to dump into myself on a nightly basis.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG i forgot about cereal! I am craving fruity pebbles for some reason, in a large bowl.

I am not worrying about gaining some weight right now either, I want to get some nourishment in me. I have been hungry for far too long. I would't say I am over eating, but I am going to watch it in the coming weeks. I don't need to trade an alcohol addiction for a food one