Notices

Hey SR, missed you bunches!!!

Old 11-30-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Raider, I woke up this morning with you on my mind. I remembered that we both started this thing around the same time. I think your initial sobriety date was the same as mine (9/2). Since then, I slipped a few times in October but nothing that kept me down. Having very few drinking days over the past three months (6 total during the slips) I can honestly say that I no longer feel the constant urge to drink. It took a few months and three slips to get there but something finally clicked mentally to help me stay sober. I do hope you can eventually get to that point where it clicks for you as well. Once it does, things get so much better! Don't give up!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this news Raider, but you're doing the right things now in being honest and facing your reality. Having gone back and forth myself many times, I found that I really had to look at my thinking before I was able to wrestle control back from my AV. Do you know what triggered you? It may have even been some days before you drank. Were you feeling helpless or angry?