Notices

When normal people drink.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Having lived in different parts of the world there can be more of a focus on drinking in some countries more than others, although of course that is a broad brush statement, here in USA it is common not to drink
Old 11-29-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to stop drinking when I started to 'feel tipsy'. Wish i'd kept it at that, but what's done is done and I really don't miss it anymore.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Normal drinkers don't think about when or how much they drink. If you do, it's a pretty good sign you aren't a normal drinker.
I second that , normal people can set there drink down forget about it and pay corn hole for a hour . I can't speak for any one else but when I was drinking if my drink was 1/4 full or less I was already on my way to get another
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
Hi guys,

Today is friday, the start of the weekend and more importantly the day when normal people start to drink,

I've spent almost the last 15 years trying to scrape through to friday so that I can drink like normal people,

Binge drinking exempt, how much do you think normal people drink of a weekend?

Bruno.
To me you're statements of struggling to make it until Friday is another caution. I rarely drank through the week, often only drinking one weekend night. But I was certainly a weekend binge drinker. I could feel the pressure building all week long, come on Friday! Just pointing out that I identified with the pattern you describe.
Like others said, people without a drinking problem don't agonize over when or how much they drink. I worked with a guy who when having drinks at the airport stopped at 2 beers, he said he started to feel it and didn't like to lose control. I thought that was ridiculous, it would be like having just a little sex and stopping before you "lost control". For me losing control was the entire point.