Notices

New weekend thread! 29 30 and 1!

Old 11-30-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Woke up groggy this morning but any way I see it a Saturday without drinking the day before is a blessing.

Now on to focus my day on this day sober.

K
Took a whole 18 months continuos sobriety before my head and body sorted themselves out K , (i am of course wonderful now ) and as you know i've only started dealing with the weight and exercise at about the 2 year point .
Just keep on bud

m
Old 11-30-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sober but exhausted as I didn't sleep well last night. I haven't had a problem with sleep but was disturbed throughout the night and am now coughing and bleary eyed. Was going to try for an 8 a.m. meeting. May still do that but don't know how much use I'll be.

Car needs valve cover gasket replaced so I can't drive it. May just take husbands piece of junk. May ask to borrow my mother's car to pick up the kids and for the remainder of the day. If she and my dad don't have separate plans for the day she usually allows me to take it. I hate car trouble and mine seems to have them a lot lately. Well, just have to be creative.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

i am still in new orleans. survived trip to the wine store, oyster dinner, and lunch at the bar near the WWII museum. no urges to drink, just twinges of sadness. i guess i'm in mourning for a lifestyle gone. abstaining has been pretty ok so far, thanks too to my good friend who checked with me a few times to see if I minded. its hard down here- the good grocery stores have a happy hour wine bar. shopping moms push carriages with a plastic cup of wine in their hand. open container laws gave people drinking on the street all the time. but its ok. i made it through. as ling as i don't have the first drink, i've got this!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ring. Ring. Ring. The whole fish and relatives three day rule is playing itself out hard here. :p In the past, I used alcohol to get through, but truthfully looking back, that probably intensified the angst I was feeling. I am now just praying that this is the fastest weekend of my life!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Sober but exhausted as I didn't sleep well last night. I haven't had a problem with sleep but was disturbed throughout the night and am now coughing and bleary eyed. Was going to try for an 8 a.m. meeting. May still do that but don't know how much use I'll be.

Car needs valve cover gasket replaced so I can't drive it. May just take husbands piece of junk. May ask to borrow my mother's car to pick up the kids and for the remainder of the day. If she and my dad don't have separate plans for the day she usually allows me to take it. I hate car trouble and mine seems to have them a lot lately. Well, just have to be creative.
Never to late to learn car maintenance Ruby , bet you could do it if you put your mind to it
Keep on ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-30-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy sober weekend friends, a gorgeous sunny day here and may I say it, I've just put Christmas tree up! A aargh not long now. White rabbits for tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ring ring. I pretty much did nothing yesterday so need to catch up on some work. About to shower and head out the house to a coffee shop.

Ruby, I feel your pain on the car situation. I am the queen of going to Firestone for a 'check-up' and leaving about $300 poorer because of this or that. My car is creeping up on 90,000 miles, so I think it's just that time when things are starting to need to be replaced.

Anyistoomuch, wow. You are amazing. I grew up in Louisiana (have since moved out of state) and have spent a lot of time in New Orleans. Just passed the 3-month mark of not drinking and I'm nowhere near ready to test my resolve there. Excessive drinking is literally everywhere, at all times of the day. I love the WWII museum! Glad you got to see it. Stay strong!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hope everyone is having a good sober Saturday evening.

I am!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mecanix, thanks for your honesty about sobriety. It's taking me a long while to sort out my head, not to mention the physical stuff this first few months. It helps to know it can take longer to feel as great as I think I should be or that some people seem to feel. It's just not happening quickly for me, roller coaster emotions. It makes sense that it would take some time! Ringing in for the rest of the weekend. I'm sorry I missed the Thanksgiving thread, I'll have to watch for the other ones. Good luck everyone. Watching college rivalry football off and on!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Argh.....on the positive note I feel good about using my words to tell ABF couldn't be around him tonight as I knew he would have been drinking based on his activities today. It felt empowering to say that it caused me to be resentful and I didn't want to go there. I am now alone and without a plan. Feeling sick of being isolated. I know sober people do things that are fun, I just haven't connected with the sober people yet. I'm just not in to going to meetings. I think I'm still getting used to being alone and sober but it is easier.....
Old 11-30-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sober, I can relate and got a bit of a smile when reading your post, being alone, kind of wanting to be with people but not really feeling quite there but feeling discontented no matter what I do...I'm finding compared to where I was a while back, I'm doing more and regular things with a very select group I feel safe with and don't demand much of me except to be kind and decent. OK, I can do that So, in that way I can reach out, but it's safe or I can't do it. You'll get there. I think our bodies and minds heal on their time, not on the timeline we think it should be. I'm finding that I really need the time even though I often hate the waiting!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Did some work in my wood shop this morning, and then watched college football all afternoon. Some really great games today. Hope everyone is doing well this fine Saturday evening!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Life sucks tonight. But... It's so worth living.

It is what it is and I accept that.

Got a new table and chairs for my apartment today. I like them a lot. Cannot wait to see them delivered. Next Wednesday.

Have a great evening folks.

K
Old 11-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

About ready to call it another Sober Saturday. I feel good. Sending love and peace out to the beautiful SR community!!! See you tomorrow!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Life sucks tonight. But... It's so worth living.

It is what it is and I accept that.

Got a new table and chairs for my apartment today. I like them a lot. Cannot wait to see them delivered. Next Wednesday.

Have a great evening folks.

K
Sorry you are feeling blue Weasel.
I hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I had a sober Saturday. Felt yucky all day long, like a bad hangover. Just exhausted and wanting the day to end but I have one child in bed with another left to go. He is the harder one. Rats. Once he is in bed I am going to bed. Sometimes long weekends can be too long. Especially if you don't have tons of plans. And I didn't. Apart from hitting the 8 a.m. meeting. And picking up kids. I brought them over to hang out with my niece and nephew at my parent's house. That was relaxing.

Time to attempt getting boy to bed. Ugh. He is already fighting it. Stressful.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

I'm in too. I began my first day of sobriety, for the umpteenth time, on Thanksgiving. It did not begin well. I pretty much ruined the holiday for my close family, but it might have been a blessing in disguise. Unfortunately it wasn't the first time I screwed up a holiday; I also pulled similar crap three years ago on Christmas and ruined that day, too. So no more of that.

It's the 30th and day three for me. Thanks to everyone here on SR who has welcomed me and shared their stories. It's wonderful to know you're not alone.

Oh, today I managed to do a little shopping at JoAnn's for yarn. First time I did it without pills. Small victory, but still a victory.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Back from the in-laws'. Unpacked and laundry started and plans to get the tree tomorrow. Beginning to stress about how to afford the holiday I want this year. Trying to put it in perspective, which I'm not particularly good at, but I'm a work in progress. ;-)
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So sorry, Weasel.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all ,
UK ringing in , Have the kettle on and will soon have piping hot fresh coffee , if you got hot coffee then things don't seem quite so bad (or a cup of tea) . If you then got a bed to sit on and a telly and a computer in countries at relative peace with themselves , well half the world don't have those "luxuries" .

Seems a lot of people are stressing out last night , it's just a saturday 1/7 th of your days .

For me i get miserable when i want something i can't have , so the demanding neediness of want, was the thing i needed to work on . I now have very few wants , i'm easily pleased , and easy to please . I'd like to have certain things but not in any huge neediness .

Remember to relax your body once in a while, i hunched my shoulders for the first 8 weeks of sobriety , i think i was in that fight or flight zone of anxiety . I kept having to remind myself to relax my body .. because alcohol is a muscle relaxant i didn't need to ever think about it before ..

Well hey, it's sunday now , not much longer to go till monday , so i'm off to make that coffee, maybe soft poached eggs or soft boiled eggs with toast soldiers , and be thankful for it

Bestwishes, m