Notices

New weekend thread! 29 30 and 1!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey everyone i found the thread

Seems a good idea , we can re-start our day or weekend anytime we like . No need to cary resentments or moods till bed time .. just drop it, it takes practice but with time it becomes a habit , a healthy one i recon …

Friday evening here in blighty , looking forwards to having a slumber in bed , watch a bit of telly and do not very much …
I have been getting a lot of exercise in this week so maybe a slower weekend will be nice …

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-29-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mecanix I could actually "hear" your London accent!!!
Have a great weekend
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm in too. Also trying to let go of unproductive thoughts today. Weasel, good luck at the shops...you are braver than I!

ImperfectlyMe, do tell what's in a Sunday sauce. Sounds interesting.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

NJimmy... Turn that around. Stop putting your (sobriety) in brackets. You do that more than once. The reason you WILL have a life is because you are sober. Look forward no matter how much the past makes you sad. And... Soon enough the past will be what you want it to be.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well it's red sauce you know like spaghetti sauce only made totally from scratch hand crushed tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, pinch of sugar. then you add a ton of meatballs, sausage, pork let it cook all day . Everyone thinks their mom or grandmas is the best family tradition. No ones tastes the same
Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

IMperfectlyme... So true. I could not reproduce my moms if I tried. A pinch here. A dash there. Fold in a little love....
Old 11-29-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

IM, that sounds delicious! I'm from the south and we're big gumbo makers down here. So true that everyone has a slightly different way to make the same thing. I make a big gumbo about twice a year and freeze some of it, and I find that it comes out different every time.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Kadidee it's exactly like that everyone has an opinion on what is and isn't proper just like you guys and your roux!
I love gumbo.... Man I'm hungry, could go for some shrimp and grits Southern style.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Kadidee it's exactly like that everyone has an opinion on what is and isn't proper just like you guys and your roux!
Lol, yes, a lot of opinions. Last December I made gumbo for a work party at the end of the semester. I had never made it for that many people, and I mentioned in casual conversation to a few people that I was gearing up to cook all day. Everyone I spoke to offered unsolicited advice about exactly what I should do. And of course, all of the advice was different! I was so happy to finish the frickin gumbo by the end so I didn't have to hear everyone's opinions anymore.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Took cat to vet. Have to dose cat with antibiotic pills. Ugh! Hate that. I would gladly have injected the cat over the pills. I was always the one voted to inject the lab animals in my college bio courses. Much easier than wrestling with a squirmy clawed beastie.

Kids dropped off. Trying to relax in an empty house. Lots of cleaning to do. And I have to find said wee beastie as she is now hiding.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
I'm in this is like a two for one Black Friday deal another weekend thread! At my families very excited. My sister and brother will be here too. Have a close friends baby shower so lots of good times. Oh and a huge pot of "Sunday Sauce" already cooking, I guess that would be "gravy" to you fandy

Happy weekend all!!! Xoxo
Sunday GRAVY!!! at least in NJ with sausage, peppers, meatballs and pork bones...southern...My first husband was siciliano...(I slept with one eye open and a knife under the pillow).

I am not Italian btw(i'm Hungarian/Czech), but I learned to cook from his grandmother...my gravy was the preferred "sauce" in the family....and the good bread is from Brooklyn. we have Italian Pork stores here...just like on the Sopranos. (this was taken before he was really famous, the first season....at his old college roommate's office. I was part of the papparzzi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tony.jpg (20.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-29-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My son is 17 today and we celebrated with the traditional apple pie...we are a pie family vs. birthday cake. I relapsed when he was 7 and got sober when he was 16. Life is just better overall for both of us when I'm not drinking. I'm procrastinating on doing all the grading of projects and papers that I need to do. I may tick away at it for awhile tonight; then again, I may not and do more this weekend. It's nice to have choice today
Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Awesome Miss Fandy!

Grew up with my mother speaking Italian to her siblings and my grandmother. I never picked up much past the translation for water and dish towel. But the sound and cadence of spoken Italian seems comforting somehow.

Making my turkey today. Smells damn tasty in here. Then tomorrow on to making turkey soup. Then turkey sandwiches. Then turkey.......
Old 11-29-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Final preparations for going to america with my wife for a month. She has never been,so trying to go to some nice places in America. Packing and cleaning the house so when we return we have a good feeling. Have to teach one class this morning for a school. Friends gave my wife and I a free dinner at a nice restaurant so tonight we will go. Get up early and watch the badgers vs penn state game. Of course, go to the gym which has been my lifesaver and my wife in sobriety.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Love a sober Friday!

Heading to lay in bed and flip channels.

Have a safe and sober night!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

watching a good old Robin Williams movie...Cadillac Man...I am dating myself...
and earlier...Mrs. Doubfire.....
love these old movies!

ugh...I once dated a used car salesman...the stories are true...they can scam everyone.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

I am very excited to share a sober weekend with such great company! I have had an absolutely dreadful week at school with stress and social issues. I am starting to feel myself unwind from it all without alcohol. Just gave myself a facial and have been texting my friends. Going to see Delivery Man with my Dad tonight and have a nice long sleep when I get home. I am so grateful to be sober!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Cool, just saw this one and thought it was more apt as we dont have Thanksgiving !
Old 11-30-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Fandy ,
A sobriety date with yourself , i kinda like that idea

Morning from the UK everyone ,
shopping later today with mum , nothing else planned , a few chores ..

A friend of mine is a fundraiser for a charity who help people living with aids (world aids day tomorrow) i've offered him a lift home if he can't find transport this evening / tomorrow . It's nice to be sober and know i'll be sober later so i can make offers to do things like that .

Sobriety is a gift that helps me give something good to those i love , i like or respect .

Lets get through this saturday .. Onwards *ring ring*

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-30-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning folks!

Since we had two threads this weekend how about a check in.

Woke up groggy this morning but any way I see it a Saturday without drinking the day before is a blessing.

Now on to focus my day on this day sober.

K