Notices

Baby in recovery and to the site.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Baby in recovery and to the site.

Hey, everyone. I'm new to this site and to recovery. Today (Nov. 28), I have 1 year, 2 months, and 24 days clean. This, for me, is an incredible feat, especially when I didn't believe I had a problem with substances in the first place.

So, I'm a serious step thumper. I'm on step six right now (character defects), and I'm at the point in my recovery when I'm reflecting - seeing what I've done in the past, what worked, and (most importantly) what hasn't. I've been noticing my recovery support network is...lacking, for lack of a better word. I'm a new mom of an almost five month old son, and the single parenting, no free time, and constant stress is getting to me. I joined this site to be in contact with like-minded people when there isn't always a meeting available.

I'm looking forward to being an active member of this community and to strengthen not only my support network but other people's as well.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR skycladbeauty - congrats on your sober time

If you're a self described serious step thumper you may like this forum too:

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR . Good to have you with us. Congratulations on your sober time and the baby. Babies are hard work that's for sure! X
Old 11-29-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning, and welcome to the site!

There are a lot of wonderful people here with great experience and support!

sometimes reaching out is tough when u feel you don't have much time, and when that happens to me I get on the phone and make a call to one of my support friends even if its just a 10 minute call out of a 24 hr day, they are always willing to chat!

have a super day
Matt