Notices

No weed for 3 days

Old 11-28-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No weed for 3 days

Hello there,
I'm a 17 year old guy from Denmark, more than a year ago I started smoking cannabis everyday, the amount I'd smoke would be different, but some days it would be 3-4 joints, other days just 1. I never smoked alone, I always smoked with someone so it was kind of a social thing I guess. 3 days ago I decided that I was wasting too much time and money on weed, so I decided to quit smoking it. Now I managed to fall asleep the first day, but last night I didn't fall asleep.. I'm really craving for a joint right now because I'm scared I'll have another night with no sleep, I had to leave school today because I felt so tired, apart from that I get about 4-5 calls from different people every day asking if I want to come and join them in smoking weed and I have to say no all the time, I really want to impress this girl but she doesn't like the fact that I've smoked weed so that's also why I want to quit, my ex-gf used to smoke with me and we would smoke everyday as well get high and have sex. So I saw this forum and I thought someone here would be able to give me some ideas how I can fall asleep easiler and such.. Sorry if my english isn't very articulate but it's not my 1st language. Although I'm on the third day with no weed right now, I went on a vacation earlier this year where I didn't smoke no weed at all but there was all inclusive so I drank free alcohol every day for 2 weeks untill I fell asleep, also I went on another vacation for 5 days where I didn't smoke weed either I just used cigarettes but right when I got back I was hooked on weed again and been since.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

3 days is a great start to the forum and your English is just fine
Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I gave up smoking weed when i was 23 ..
It might take a while for your body to get used to not having the nicotine and MJ and for sleep to normalise . Try some exercise before bed , i used to find swimming good .

Some of my old friends who still smoke it have low motivation and little money. They talk big ideas but do very little .

Keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Quitting weed was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Smoked for a decade, very heavily every day. It was sucking the light and life out of me jut as much as booze or any other drug.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It gets better. Hang in there and before you know it, your sleep will return to normal.

It's worth it to quit even though it can be rough at first.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Mark

Like others here, quitting weed was the best thing I did (along with getting sober).
It's no fun for a week or two, but it's not unbearable either.

to make it last tho, I really had to make some lifestyle changes - change some friends and some places I used to hang out..y'know?

D