Notices

tired of being sick and tired

Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tired of being sick and tired

Been sick for a long time with various maladies when I'm in pain I reach for alcohol and forget the pain meds among. Others so sad today was going to spend thanksgiving with my family now I can't do it. Have been sleeping over 10 and 12 hours. Was in great shape months ago now I've been sick for months.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Geiser

yeah it's tough to get out of the cycle at any time - it can be tougher when you have pain issues as well.

what kind of support do you have, besides SR?

D
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi Geiser - welcome !

What may I ask are your maladies ?

I know you know this, but whatever they may be, the alcohol is only making much worse.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alcohol will only make you feel 'better' for a short time, then you'll feel worse than ever. I agree with finding more support. Might make the difference between drinking and staying sober.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rhematiod arthritis fibromyalgia raynauds disease chronic sinus infections degenerative disc disease diverticulitis among others.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

look up the story about earl campbell he was hooked on alcohol and pain killers, he played football and his pain is so bad he cant even walk and now hes clean and still cant walk but hes clean
Old 11-27-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your pain and suffering. I have a friend who suffers terribly and has many of the same ailments. She is a recovered alcoholic, got sober at the ripe old age of 22, and then by 30 she was riddled with illness. She's bed fighting chronic pain and life threatening maladies for over 10 years now, has a young daughter, and struggles everyday.

She's still sober and has been through it all. It is NOT easy and I know it seems insurmountable but I thought perhaps a story of hope may help you tonight.

You can face these difficult circumstances strong and sober. We are all here to cheer you on and offer any support we can. I'm thinking of you tonight and send blessings and wishes for relief your way
Old 11-27-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a lot of chronic pain issues too. I used to self medicate with booze, but it wasn;'t really effective - not for any real stretch of time.

I'm remarkably pain free now because I've worked with my Dr. and I'm staying sober.

If you've been drinking while taking meds they may not be working like they should?

D
Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

" Was in great shape months ago..."

"Rhematiod arthritis fibromyalgia raynauds disease chronic sinus infections degenerative disc disease diverticulitis among others"

readin these 2 statements tells me something else is up. fibro, rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative discs don't take time off. neither does chronic sinus infections.

your profile says yer DOS is 11/24. yer gonna have to give it time and while at it, get yer but to the doctor. all them years of using alcohol as a pain killer isn't there. get to a doctor.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno Geisers story but I can be in chronic pain and still feel I'm in great shape.
Some months are better or worse than others.

It's a comparative thing, Tom.

D