Notices

********?

Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that facing our drinking and starting to deal with it can be very confronting, even scary - but noones trying to take you down here Thorsapprentice

we just want to help...you want help...hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle

D
Old 11-27-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Thor. This place saved my life when I was drinking 24/7. I couldn't imagine an online forum doing a thing to ease my pain - but once I gave this community a chance it worked miracles. It was not feeling alone anymore that made all the difference. We all understand your feeling of futility, but your life doesn't have to stay this way. I hope you'll keep posting.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thor , i don't quite know what to say here as you seem quite defensive.

I know its impossible to detect tone through text , but sincerely ...all we want to do here is support you and help you move forward .

It is what it is here in SR ..nothing more , nothing less .

We are ALL fighting the same fight .

It gets easier .

Good lucky and keep posting
Old 11-27-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sometimes this website can be so judgmental. Should we really be telling Thor he is mad and he has an attitude? Should we be so snide and sarcastic? Should we smack him around real hard to get his attention? This is exactly the reason I have not spoke of what I have struggled with since out of rehab. I don't need any tough love right now. Maybe Thor doesn't either. Sometimes we beat ourselves up enough without the help of the high and mighty. Hope Thor will post again. I know I'm not ready to come clean. Just my two cents.

Now don't smack the crap out of me for my post please.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Actually, I think we all need to stop making comments about the thread itself, or its responses.

If anyone thinks a thread is out of line, or posts break the rules, please use the report post button

I hope to see the OP back here soon.

D
Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

maybe you are an addict and you found this place because you need it.

Denial is not a river in egypt.......it is a very strong component of the psychological manifestation of addiction, there is also a strong physical and spiritual component.....

stick around and keep an open mind...your soul will tell you if recovery is for you or not.

v
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Raider- When you're ready....I bet most people will listen without judgement.

I was put off because it seemed as though he was intentionally picking a fight. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, it was just how I felt.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank you Leana for your post.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I totally relate to your post.
Welcome to the site.

There was a long time that alcohol and drugs worked for me. Like you say, it helps offset things.

But there are also problems that come with it, and it's harder and harder to quit.

Once it's not working as well as it once did, but you still cannot quit, is a really ****** place to be. It is the proverbial rock and a hard place.

There's no fancy way or trick to the quitting part, really. You just have to quit.

In my case, it was when the consequences of continuing far outweighed the benefits, and had for a long time.

We've all been there, to some extent. We're here to walk you through the sobriety part.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

In the interests of a fresh start, I'm closing this thread.

I hope the OP will start a new one, and I hope everyone involved will remember what we're all here for.

D