Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend Thread! Holiday Edition! Stay sober through "T" day here!

Notices

Weekend Thread! Holiday Edition! Stay sober through "T" day here!

Old 11-27-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ken, yeah, man of steal = "meh". How is DC ever going to launch the Justice League? K, getting too geeked out here. lol
Old 11-27-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Feeling a little squirrely as it is snowing and lovely looking outside, holiday tomorrow, and my dark side is telling me I should go out and celebrate. I think I will try to find a movie on tv. I already ate ice cream Phew...good thing SR is here!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

soberclover, feeling squirrely too. Got a nice dinner waiting in the queue. I'm going to start a movie marathon here soon. Not sure what movies, though...

Stay strong.

Mega Hugs,
Cas
Old 11-27-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Soberclover and Cas, keep pushing those squirrely thoughts aside--they will pass! Keep thinking about how good you are going to feel at the end of the evening and in the morning!

I'm in the mood to watch a movie tonight, too, but I'm not sure which one. If you have any recommendations, I'm open.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober Holiday!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Love that word SC! Squirrelly! Says it all.

Cas... Geek is good. You also used the word queue. Another trusted geek word. Lol

Self proclaimed geek but on the down low about it.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Heading into the bedroom to finish the movie Reds 2. I like Helen Mirren.

Cats are in bed.

I will be up early!

Last year this time I was drunk.... Very very drunk. I had a bad bender from early November to dec10 th . I used to mark the calendar with red for using drugs and drinking... And yellow for no drugs just drinking. I had red after red with a few yellow. It was bad.

Today I sit relaxed. No yellows or reds in sight.

Thanks folks for helping me so much.

Talk later or in the morning!

Give that squirrel his nut and tell him to move along.... Nothing to see here.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathryn2001 View Post

I'm in the mood to watch a movie tonight, too, but I'm not sure which one. If you have any recommendations, I'm open.
I have got free Showtime on my television this weekend! I am about to watch 'Life of Pi'. Have never seen it and I have heard it is good. The book was.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

My family did our Thanksgiving/my brother's 40th birthday this last Sunday. My brother and his family as well as my sister and her family are doing things with their in-laws on Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I am going to have a movie marathon; Catching Fire, Last Vegas, Dallas Buyers Club. Then there is the Harry Potter marathon on TV as well. This is my first holiday sober and focusing on TV/movies seem to keep me entertained.

There is also a 3 day AA/Al-anon conference this Fri., Sat., and Sun. and I plan to attend all day Saturday, if not more. And maybe a meeting or two.

I stocked my fridge up with diet ginger ale and finally found Eggnog Latte creamer for my coffee.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just thought I would add that I'm downloading The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on my 3DS as I type this. I know what I'm doing this weekend! Living up to my name on here.

This time last year I was probably passed out or blacked out drunk by now. This year is so much better!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
I have got free Showtime on my television this weekend! I am about to watch 'Life of Pi'. Have never seen it and I have heard it is good. The book was.
I'm going to check to see if we have the free ST, as well! Thanks! Enjoy your movie--I also heard that the book was great!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathryn2001 View Post
I'm going to check to see if we have the free ST, as well! Thanks! Enjoy your movie--I also heard that the book was great!
Actually, I think I was wrong. It is free HBO and Max and Starz. I am watching it on Max.
Hope I didn't confuse you. I never get premium channels unless they are free, so they are all kind of the same to me.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Cathryn, World War Z and StarTrek: In to Darkness were excellent, mindless diversions! Not sure what you're in to.

Ken, alas, the queue word came out. Mega geek on the DL revealed.

Zelda, one of my most favorite games of all time was the old Nintendo "Zelda: A link to the Past". Good times.

Hey, everyone, lets keep the thread a rockin' and often come knockin'.

Yours,
Cas
Old 11-27-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am getting out of a 30 day rehab on Thanksgiving Day. I am excited and feel confident in my plan for the weekend. On Thanksgiving we are going to the big family meal which won't be too heavily alcohol oriented. Friday and Saturday I am meeting my sponsor at meetings and Sunday I am having my parents over for dinner.

Hang in there all!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Cas, I'm all about mindless diversions--I've been playing a video game (Sims 3) all evening!
Thanks for the movie recommendations--I'll be checking them out!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snipe View Post
I am getting out of a 30 day rehab on Thanksgiving Day.
Perfect timing! I'm looking forward to a hangover free Thanksgiving. I enjoy food so much more when I'm not sick from the night before!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Snipe--it sounds like you have a great plan.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Not even an hour into our four hour drive and already a potty stop. Gotta love 4 year olds! The 1 year old is currently screaming. He's tired and I think he's fighting it. Instead of bitching about wanting a drink, though, I'm laughing about it! Drinking isn't an option.

My husband is concerned about my plan for tomorrow. His sister drinks and I'm usually her buddy. I'm just going to say no thanks, not tonight and have that be the end of it. I'm not even convinced there will be alcohol there at all. His brother who's hosting doesn't drink at all. Not even occasionally.

My husband's parents keep at fully stocked bar at their house, but I don't just help myself as it is. I'm really positive about getting through the long weekend without drinking. I'm only on day 2, but it feels different this time.

I will probably avoid shopping on Friday. I'm going to my parents house for a second Thanksgiving anyway. If I end up at a store it will only be because I forgot to pack something.

I'm jealous of those of you snuggling up with a movie. I want to do that too!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats Snipe!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Made it to the in-laws safe and sound, despite somewhat treacherous highway conditions. I worked on my knitting project the whole way to avoid looking at the road--worked fantastically, so I suffered no anxiety whilst my husband managed the icy roads. :-). After dinner, while everyone else had drinks (none of them drink in excess,) I sipped hot tea and worked on some more knitting. Ready for bed, an early morning power yoga routine, and some serious gratitude work--already started my Thanksgiving journal entry and it's gonna be a doozy. :-)