Notices

Overwhelmed

Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Overwhelmed

I just can’t seem to fall asleep tonight… I have to be up in 5 hours to go to class. There are 2 more weeks left of classes and then a week of exams for me. I haven’t had a drink in 12 weeks. I am stressed out beyond belief. My emotions are all over the map. I feel so overwhelmed that I can hardly get anything done. I feel as though I have no friends at school. There is another young woman who has started bullying me. I am tired all the time. I feel like I am failing even though I am getting mostly A’s. I feel like no one at school likes me, although that is probably not true. I am scared and I am worried that this means I won’t be successful in life. I just want to cry. I feel like I am losing it and I don’t know what to do, I have tried every healthy coping skill I can think of. I might try and get in to see a school counselor after I have met my other obligations tomorrow, if I have the energy.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post broke my heart! Sorry you are feeling this way! This is always a stressful time of year with the holidays and yes Exams too! I hope you stay strong and continue to stay sober. Whether you feel no one is there for you or not you do matter and there are people out there that care for you. As I am sure you know Alcohol may seem to a temporary fix to the situation but in the end will fix nothing. We care for you here and I hope you get some rest. An hour or two of sober rest is better than a hangover! Continue to stay strong!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Flying

I'm sorry you're so low but it's the time of the year for it - everything seems to come at once, yeah?

Does your school have any kind of support services? any counsellors? or anyone there who deals specifically with bullying?

I think it might be a great idea to reach out and unburden yourself a little?

as for the workload - yeah it's tough - have you mapped out the next few weeks yet? I always found it useful to set myself reasonable workload targets per day/week?

I hope the week gets a little better
D