Notices

hello I'm a noob at being sober

Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello I'm a noob at being sober

I'm going to go on a limb and say I'm a alchohalic . I'm basing this on the fact that I've spent 928 days of the last three years getting as drunk as I can in order to pass out . I would start at about 8 pm and drink 1/4 to 1/2 a bottle of vodka.

Lately I've noticed that I'm no longer pulled to drinking and have to force myself to drink . last friday I was at wallmart to buy a bottle of gin on the way to the check out I said **** it , put it down and walked out ,
since then I've had nothing to drink , I feel better , and think more clearly but I'm not sleeping at all . I'm diagnosed bi polar but weened myself of of my meds after realizing I was constantly suicidal. Its been about seven months since I've taken any of those . I think I was bi at the age of 14 looking back, I have very little if any emotions because of being untreated for so long . I'm hoping I will rember how love , companionship, fear, hope anger, etc etc feels one day . maybe quiting is part of the cure .
anyways thats my story ,

have a good thanks giving
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! This is a good place to come for support. Congrats on putting down the drink. That's a good start to a better life.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah the more time passes without alcohol, feelings will start to emerge as the numbness starts to fade!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Firstly welcome secondly good for you on starting a new life, one where you are the lead role!

Alcohol is arsnic to someone with depression or bi-polar. It will destroy any chance of your brain chemistry working properly. It's always wise to make a plan going in to this. At the top of your plan, I would suggest you get a psychiatrist. To sort out what is true chemical imbalance and what is alcohol abuse related.

I was a depressed person a to a good while there, I got sober and what do you know. I'm a normal person with normal ups and downs! No more high and low swings of the pendulum.

It takes time and work, and it's not always easy, but the end result is truly a beautiful way to live
Old 11-26-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome ... take one day at a time this site is great with a lot of people and great advice ...

your past is your past
live in today
tomorrow is a mystery
Old 11-26-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome ABE ! It seems like you might be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Good that you stopped. Now to stay stopped ! Read the threads here she post as much sis you comfortably can ! Best of luck and stay strong !
Old 11-26-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Sp good that you feel much better. The sleep thing seems to be a common denominator in early recovery. Hang on in there.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome sober is better
Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been Bi my entire existence because I felt the gender of a person did not matter when love exists it just does and the sex of the person should not matter...this however was always frowned upon and I felt like an outcast...it was one of my reasons for drinking I could be me and f**k anyone who saw it was my life. I now am out totally but still have apprehensions about being open because of the stigma attached to bi-sexuality...but hey I am just me and I have to live my life not those that judge me. I hope you continue to love anyone that wants to show you love and show you that you are loveable its a warmth an empty bed can never satisfy...but it also says that to be alone is when you are giving yourself the love that is far more important than any love given. You have to love you to know what love is then and only then can you love another with conviction and honesty. this also empowers you to create a new and better person I hope you continue on your road of sobriety it is truly worth finding the person who is within and keeping them safe from the harm liquor brings to your soul...just my opinion.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations on putting down the bottle, ABE. If you are like most of us alcoholics, the urge to pick up the bottle will return. If you are committed to staying sober, you may want to have a plan as to how to deal with that urge when it returns. Otherwise, it is more likely that you will find yourself taking that Walmart gin to the check-out stand next time.

As to having a plan, you will find a lot of advice and support from the good people here at SR. Good luck. And welcome to SR.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to you AdmimalBlueEyes

D