Notices

Bringing up the past

Old 11-25-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bringing up the past

Why do people bring up your past leave it alone it is dead. I can not worry what I did in my past, can not worry about tomorrow it is not here yet, need to live in the moment. let me get through today...
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

My past is important too, as is my future, of course. What makes the present different and more important is the now moments are the only times I can bring my choices into action. There is much to learn from our past experiences, and from others as well as ourselves. The future is important because without a measure of where we are going we cannot realise from where we have come and as well where we are at in the now.

Life is a journey, and all journeys have a beginning, a middle, and eventually an end, too.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree you need to live in the moment, but you can't control what other people think. If you are around people who were hurt by you in the past, then it might take some time for them to move on. If you find you are around negative people, then you might think about looking for more positive people in your life.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am not forgetting my past, because it is where it brang me to where I am today. I have a journey I am on to stay sober. it just upsets me when my past is throwed in mu face at times for no reason.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Seems like that Serenity Prayer might apply here. You can't control what others do or say. You can only control what you do or say.