SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Texted Ex Boyfriend (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/314479-texted-ex-boyfriend.html)

lsb 11-24-2013 01:06 PM

Texted Ex Boyfriend

I texted my ex boyfriend with my new number and now he has my number. I never said my name - so I want him to think its not me. How can I do this?? Just say you have the wrong number? It doesnt make any sense though because I texted him. I am not sure what to do. But I cant deal with him calling me and texting me.

Can someone please help?

Anna 11-24-2013 01:07 PM

I'm confused. You just texted him but you don't want him to text you? Can you block his number?

LindaLou 11-24-2013 01:10 PM

You could try texting "Ooops, I text the wrong number, sorry". That is, if you really don't want to talk to him?

least 11-24-2013 01:13 PM

I would block the number and not worry about it further.

lsb 11-24-2013 01:38 PM

I am not sure I can block a number. I will try and just forget about it. Hopefully he will not keep contacting me. I am anxious. I was drunk, that is what happened.

cascademn 11-24-2013 01:41 PM

lsb, most providers offer number blocking. I'm on Verizon and they do. Try logging in to the provider's web site and see if the feature is there.
Cheers,
Cas

Carlotta 11-28-2013 12:12 PM

Get the app Mr Number. It's free and you can chose not only to block him but also either to send his calls to voice mail or to have the app hang up on him. I call it my "codie app" and I use it for "No Contact"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...number.blocker

PurpleKnight 11-28-2013 12:40 PM

Yeah, a follow up pro active message saying "sorry, I just texted you in error" should do the trick!! :)

Michelangelo 11-28-2013 01:23 PM

There are many free apps to block calls. This one is very good for android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eblocker&hl=en

cbsmith 11-28-2013 01:24 PM

And stop playing games.

Gilmer 11-28-2013 01:38 PM

The story of my life used to be doing crazy things when I was drunk or high that I would never in a million years do when I was sober.

KateL 11-28-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by cbsmith (Post 4317265)
And stop playing games.

You can't help it when your drunk :)

PurpleKnight 11-28-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by KateL (Post 4317289)
You can't help it when your drunk :)

Defo . . . the amount of texts and facebook messages I sent whilst drunk was ridiculous!! :)

KateL 11-28-2013 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by purpleknight (Post 4317294)
Defo . . . the amount of texts and facebook messages I sent whilst drunk was ridiculous!! :)

Lol me too. Plus the hour-long ludicrous, melodramatic phone calls to all and sundry. :)

Dee74 11-28-2013 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cbsmith (Post 4317265)
And stop playing games.

pure supposition on your part - and not very helpful cb?

lsb, are you out there?

D

foolsgold66 11-28-2013 02:10 PM

lsb, you seem to be having a tough time today, and I doubt its really just about phone numbers. If you'd like to talk about any problems with alcohol, we're here to help.

EndGameNYC 11-28-2013 02:35 PM

Yeah, I scommitted several DUI's -- dialing while under the influence -- and they never ended well.

Worse were the emails I sent while drinking. (I don't do Facebook.) One time I responded to a potential employer's email about my availability while plastered. When I checked my email the next day, it made absolutely no sense at all. So I sent another email, explaining that I'd lost my glasses and was on medication. Never heard from him again.

KateL 11-28-2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 4317382)
Yeah, I scommitted several DUI's -- dialing while under the influence -- and they never ended well.

Worse were the emails I sent while drinking. (I don't do Facebook.) One time I responded to a potential employer's email about my availability while plastered. When I checked my email the next day, it made absolutely no sense at all. So I sent another email, explaining that I'd lost my glasses and was on medication. Never heard from him again.

Oh God, it's awful int it?

jaynie04 11-28-2013 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 4317382)

Oh what a tangled web we weave...;).

I thought I was the only one on earth that didn't do Facebook...phew.

EndGameNYC 11-28-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by KateL (Post 4317385)
Oh God, it's awful int it?

Yes, every time.

Unfortunately, I did things even worse while drinking.