Need support

Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

I love you, North!!!

You can start again!!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well I wish I could say otherwise, but I ended up drinking 12 after that. I reached out to someone I have been supporting emotionally for the past six months ( another alcoholic) and their response was basically " I wish I could care but I can't "... Which was a huge slap in the face...but at least I know their true colours now.

This morning I woke up and cried, really messy ugly tears haha. Now it's time to clean my house , it's my sons bday today....loneliness is also a trigger for me...I am incredibly socially awkward, and most if my friends drink anyhow...things like my sons birthday and the holidays always seem to remind how alone I am...I am trying to flip my head around that to being positive about it. I should be proud that I gave raised a wonderful teen on my own with no family near by...but sometimes it's hard. Especially weeks like this , because I
Don't get any financial support from his other parent , and that just plain sucks sometimes haha.

Now I'm going to get off my pity train ( choo choo! ) and start cooking and invite some people over and tomorrow start looking hard core for work .

Thank you to everyone who responded.

Back to day one!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ah bless you northend.. keep posting on here and talk to people who are serious about their recovery like at an AA meeting. I like the women's group ones best because I can relate so much better and feel more comfortable there. They have them in every city so find one and get connected. I wish you the best
Old 11-24-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hay North,
i had that urge so many times to drink. just like you i came here to get support. it is nice to see you again. so good you had the strength to pour the rest out. come back to the chat room.
take care
Old 11-24-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Agree with zube u are awesome xx