Notices

What does your avatar mean to you?

Old 11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
I WANT A PUG.

*sulks*

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Ippo - and how do you think Ms. Thang aka Stella would fare with that ?

The introduction alone would be worth the price of admission !!
OMG Alpha, I was just about to post the same thing!

Hilarious!

My avatar is white tulips. Flowers have meanings associated with them, and white tulips mean forgiveness, purity or heaven. All of which I thought were symbolic of choosing sobriety.

I also think tulips look very calming (I love flowers, though!) and my life does feel a whole lot calmer, sober.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mine is usually a painting I like, usually Blake. My first one was not a well known one which was found in a railway timetable. Underneath it had the words 'everything is an attempt to be human'. It was pretty bleak. Later, when I was feeling a bit more serene I changed it to a Lowry seascape.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
orangutan

I often change my avatar to suit my mood, this represents me in all my glory coming into summer. LOL
Old 11-23-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I just changed my avatar earlier today. My old one was a crescent moon with candles in the middle and a girl sitting on the edge. Just because I love candles and the moon.

On my last job, a co-worker looked at me one day, and out of the blue he said "Linda Lou Who, how are you?" It stuck and everyone at work called me Linda Lou. I guess there are worse things they could have called me!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I was so freaked out about being anonymous when I first came on to SR. Now, anyone who knows me, could probably figure me out pretty easily. Oh, well. All of my alcoholic family members are in complete denial anyway, so I don't suppose they'll be on SR any time soon looking for me. So, anyway, all of the names and avatars I was coming up with were too revealing about me. So, in my paranoia, I started looking around my office for non-descript items. I spied a picture of my two sons dressed up as dragons for Halloween, when they were little guys. The picture is so darn cute that when I had it developed, the photo guy at the drug store, took it upon himself to blow it up and had it framed and waiting for me, free of charge! Hence, Double Dragons . . . . I am mostly motivated to stay sober for my family, so this seemed like a good idea.

Fun thread, thanks!!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Mine doesn't really have any real meaning to it. I just liked the picture .
Old 11-23-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

We love Frank. Saw him live 4 times. My avatar is a guardian. I've spent my entire watching over and caring for other people. Somebody reminded me of this fact as considered getting sober. "Time to do something for you!" they said. They were right
Old 11-23-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Mine's a photo of my "recovery" blanket, a blanket I knitted for a womens' charity during the early months of recovery. I took a photo just before it was finished (see upper right hand corner) and I decided the photo was iconic of my recovery, something I'm always working on that's never quite finished.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Mine is Grumpy Cat. She has boundaries of steel and could not care less what people think of her. She is also a straight shooter LOL
I am a codependent in recovery as well as an alcoholic and I have worked very hard in setting boundaries and not being a people pleaser (big character defect of mine).
As a bonus, Grumpy is cute as a button and funny as they come.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I"ll bet somebody is enjoying that blanket right now.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I don't change my avatar very often, but try to pick a picture of something pretty and peaceful.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

This avatar is a picture I took when visiting Indonesia at a Hindu temple, high on a cliff, looking out over the Indian Ocean. There was incense floating in the air, soft bells ringing in the distance, and I was by myself enjoying the peace and serenity of the moment. It is very important to remember this peaceful and serene part of myself, especially when talking about alcohol and addiction.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It's me. The old, wild and crazy me before sobriety found me
Old 11-23-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
~sb

This is Wesa. She was from an animal rescue nonprofit organization. My spirit angel cat. She and Maxxx helped me during my grieving process....she's seen me messed up & she loves me much more sober. She was once a little scared cat & now she owns me! She's grey and petite....

(Maxxx was huge and often terrorized Wesa and is now in another foster home)
Old 11-23-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Remind myself not to be too serious.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey wiscsober what happen to the little dear or should i say deer with the nice rack?!?
Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

right^^^^his photo is on the previous page
Old 11-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My beloved Cuervo. AKA the devil dog. She was my first loss in sobriety and was in my arms when she passed. She will be forever in my heart as the coolest razor blade eating, tin can chewing, counter surfing, tennis ball ingesting, swamp swimming, mud rolling, bird chasing, furniture chewing, invisable fence beakout artist, command ignorer, shoulder dislocator and my best friend
Old 11-23-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Mines from a happier time, when I was fit,healthy and working hard on music. Makes me remember good times.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Mine is pretty self explanatory for anyone who is at all familiar with video games. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Nintendo Wii U was getting ready to come out when I made my account and I was looking forward to playing the remake of a Zelda I never finished back when it originally came out for GameCube. I made getting the special edition Wii U bundled with the game my reward for making it three weeks back at the end of September.