Notices

Still here; suppose that's something

Old 11-22-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still here; suppose that's something

Hello everyone, been a bit since I've checked in, writing wise anyway, still on board from the sidelines as much as possible. Things are...okay... sobriety wise; depression about my whole situation; still a real eddy. Trying to begin to begin to care again; started a new "job" a month ago and that is keeping my mind at least somewhat occupied. Something I have definatly needed for quite some time. Still thinking about pursuing health options, or, trying to figure out if I even care enough to. Scary how the sober mind thinks sometimes as it begins to regain more and more clarity.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I'm a bit slow today...what kind of health options do you mean Babofan?

D
Old 11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, D
My last post regarding my entire situation was around six weeks ago. Sobriety is going well. By health options, I went through some pretty serious times two years ago, health wise, got well, felt "invencable" that led to my increased level of drinking, (I realize, ridiculous, stupid, and inconsiderate, but according to my oncologist, somewhat common) which led to divorce, which has brought me to the absoute lowest state I've ever found myself in. At a point where I can not even find it within myself to care about things since I allowed alcohol to destroy everything that was ever good about me and all that I ever had.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Booze is crafty. Trust nothing it says!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you think you might be depressed? or be suffering some kind of after effect from trauma?

D
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi again, D
And thanks, I have been dealing with bouts of depression for years; since my early 20's up until now. Will be fifty in a couple of weeks. I do understand, and know what depression is. Or thought I did up until this most recent year. Have been seeing a "free" counselor recently & he has assured me that I am undergoing a somewhat prolonged period of "srvere depression" I could have told him that, as I do understand what it is and how it feels. Thing is; this past year has never held such a constant feeling of increasing self deflation & self worthlessness than any that I have ever experienced.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hiya Babofan!

If I were in your shoes I think that I might talk with my doctor about my meds/ dosage etc.

Beyond the meds, and after a divorce, perhaps you can, or have, found fellowship in AA?

Lastly, when the above 2 suggestions don't work for my clinical depression, I try to get outside of myself and get involved in some sort of service work. Right now I walk dogs waiting to be rescued at the shelter one night a week. It makes me feel better.

Best wishes to you,
Zube
Old 11-23-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Zube,
Thank you so much for your suggestions, and have always loved that sweet little doggie face of your avatar! As far as med's, have tried them, . just something that I would rather not depend upon. I'm kinda "if I can't have this (alcohol) them I want nothing at all! Besides, they never seemed to help. I've given AA honest shots, just not completely for me. Not giving on that quite yet though. Anything to do, even volunteering, especially with animals, I have looked into, just no openigs quite yet.0