Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

22nd 23rd & 24th weekend thread , come join us , help ourselves get through :)

Notices

22nd 23rd & 24th weekend thread , come join us , help ourselves get through :)

Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I've got to get up early and study tomorrow. I relapsed a week ago, so I've been living 24/7 on SR. I just can't stay off of it! I've got to get some schoolwork done tomorrow--get to a certain point, then go on SR only as my reward!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

My favorite part of the weekends is waking up on Saturday and Sunday mornings feeling well rested, clear headed, and without anything remotely resembling a hangover. Life is so much better without the ill effects of boozing.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ringing in. Struggling really badly tonight. I read M's craving and doing anything to distract myself. I know giving in won't make it better. I guess I want to 'reward' myself after a terrible day and so many days in a row that don't feel very good right now. I'm glad you're all here. Reading on SR and posting helps me to remember and stay on track. Good luck to everyone this weekend. I'm really fighting a minute at a time tonight.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey alysheba. I'm fighting myself. Stay strong. I feel like I have gone five rounds in the ring but I'm darned if I let alcohol get the TKO. It is exhausting. I am exhausted. I know that if I went out now and got a drink I would have all the energy in the world. And stay up half the night. But Then I would be using all I have in me now, borrowing against a decent and productive and happier day tomorrow. I am clinging to this thread as I hang on a thread. I am going to stay sober tonight. I send my strong thoughts to you.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Ruby, good for you for staying sober (and on a Friday) despite the challenges with your husband.

I'm in for another weekend. I'm having a birthday party for my kiddo this weekend. In the past it would be a booze fest but not this year!

I have a lot to do but I have a terrible headache so I'm actually going to go to bed.

Weekends are so good sober. I love waking up with that contented, peaceful feeling knowing I'm rested and hydrated and I can get up and do what I want with my day. I've been sober for almost 90 days and that relief of waking up well and not dry heaving and blurry is still a relief.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello friends,
I am checking in later than usual for my 12th sober weekend! Sobriety is starting to feel normal to me as I discover that there are so many other things in life to enjoy instead of alcohol. Today I got thru a slew of assignments and a difficult training presentation. I also helped my Dad move some furniture in the cold. I was too tired for my usual movie night but I treated myself to some hot chocolate and fuzzy PJ pants. I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep tonight. 

Tomorrow my plans include sleeping in, baking peanutbutter cookies, going to the gym, doing laundry, and just plain relaxing. It was a tough week and I am going to practice taking care of myself this weekend.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders,
Checking in again. My x moved today so have a bunch of weird gaps in my house where furniture used to be. Dealing. Glad SR is here for me. Reading all your posts and getting positive vibes. To keep myself occupied, watched "Star Trek: In to Darkness" tonight. Love the new crew!!!

Alysheba, stay strong. The cravings are with me too. Sending power vibes to Cali.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Ringing in. Struggling really badly tonight. I read M's craving and doing anything to distract myself. I know giving in won't make it better. I guess I want to 'reward' myself after a terrible day and so many days in a row that don't feel very good right now. I'm glad you're all here. Reading on SR and posting helps me to remember and stay on track. Good luck to everyone this weekend. I'm really fighting a minute at a time tonight.
I hear ya! Must be something in the air... these last couple days have been really rough for me too. This is the longest I've gone sober in quite some time yet the bad part of me is telling myself that it's really not "that long"-- aka why not just drink and start over. (Kinda nice writing that out to see how stupid it sounds...and feels).

We can do this!! Keep reaching out here for support I too am trying to distract myself... did some cleaning, whitened my teeth, practiced doing the fishtail braid (ummm?)...haha now for some popcorn.

cascademn that must be rough... good for you finding a distraction with Star Trek! Maybe you could even rearrange the furniture left in your place to make it look completely different rather than just... empty spaces? haha just a thought
Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm here for my first sober weekend in a month. It's going to be cold and rainy here this weekend so I'm going to be playing lots of games with the kids & the fiancé, watching movies, reading & cleaning out closets. Sober.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just checking in. All's fine - had an early night. Feel a bit of a fraud though, as the antibiotics the dentist gave me are NASTY if you drink with them and within 48 hours of stopping them, so the choice has been taken away really for the next 10 days. Xx
Old 11-23-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey everyone ,
glad to see the thread being of some use to people , remember if you need full on SR style support them start your own thread in the newcomers area and it will get more attention than cries for help when tucked away in another thread .

Am going on the train down to the south coast today , should be a laugh. i got a few surprises planned for the person i'm visiting so that will be fun .

back to london later do the usual chores of taking mum shopping ..

i'm off for my coffee , then i need to shave my head and beard , i use buzz-cut clippers set to their shortest , i never have to worry about hair cuts or messy hair

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-23-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
...how many people did your 5 lbs. of potatoes feed?
Just estimating - but if a serving is 4 oz, then it feeds 20.

We went out for dinner last night, and it was glorious. My favorite Italian place. Deliciousness + gluten-free pasta available. I had a portabella with smoked mozzarella and roasted red peppers for an appetizer and then the spaghetti pomodoro with a tennis ball-sized meatball on it. And a chocolate cannoli.

Yesterday was a huge eating day. Today I have to scale it WAY back or my weight is going to slingshot in the wrong direction. Time for some salads!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone!

Hey cas... Big Trekkie here.

So it's official... My rather dog like big orange cat Henry found a way to open his bedroom door at night. I rented a new place with three bedrooms. One for me. One for an office. And one for Henry and Chuckie. Their room has an on suite bath so I keep the boxes and food there. Out of sight and for when they are odiferouse kittious I don't have to deal.

But the handle does not lock and seem to easy for him to smack and crack the door. Not sure if they are working together or if he's gone rouge alone.

Anyway... Will have to come up with ideas to keep them put. Lol

As for me?

Things have gotten tough. I will not lie. The changes have been large. But I fantasize more than crave if that makes any sense.

I have a massage schuled this morning. I have a long list of things to do. And I feel relaxed.

Thanks for being here weekenders.

Great to see new faces and the old gang as well.

Non...non...non... A welcome back.

Looking for recipes to cook tomorrow. Sunday is cooking day. Got a new roaster I need to try something with.

Brining my turkey in a bucket for thanks giving. Might get that going Monday.

K
Old 11-23-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Nons! i have not eaten bacon since you wnt on hiatus...( out of respect)!
my cholesterol has dropped over 100 points.
yum on the potatoes...but i am craving stuffing, mountains of it.
i bought some cherry habinero relish to give cranberry a run for the money.i am making croissant bread pudding with dried cherries and some panettone.
Weasey! the kitties want to explore! they sound smart....hope you are making friends and finding good socializing in the new town.
i have a new cast iron pan i have perfectly seasoned...anyone want some hot fresh cornbread with butter?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey fandy... They have free run of the house all day. But ever since day one as a kitten they go to bed like I do. They know when and stretch and let me pick them up and tuck them in the room. Yeah... Just like kids.

I think I am a cat lady. Damn. I love them!

Chili is the choice of cooking this weekend. Now... What kind. Hmmm.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Fandy, yes, I want cornbread!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

ohhh chili and corn bread! thanks weasy! i have fresh ground turkey and black beans...will pick up onionsand a can of chunky tomatoes..viola...i also have tortilla chips, guac and cheddar....
stinky kitties should not eat beans.
you cannot believe how bad little baby perry is...gassy to the max! and so proud of it!
Gilmer so glad you are back and sober!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Checking in! Great sleep last night. Feeling a little wonky today - not "I want to drink" wonky but just off. Tired, a wee bit anxious. But that's ok. Recharging batteries is what the weekends are for.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Too gloomy outside for shed building this morning. Looks like I get to stay inside for a while instead!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I will be doing some cooking too. White bean soup with smoked ham hocks. The recip caught my eye in this months cooking light magazine. Daughter attending birthday party. Son is now unsuspecting that I am dragging him with me to get new cell phone and provider. My current provider is discontinuing service in my area. Will be a pain but the change will save me a boatload of money.

Sitting outside in the freezing cold to smoke. Little snow flakes are gently wafting about. A gray squirrel ran onto the porch. Guess I am less frightening than one of my cats. Smoking is bad but I see the most amazing things while I am sitting out looking at my very small, very urban garden. Humming birds, ground squirrels ( chipmunks), parakeets and yes my area has a population of monk parakeets all year round. I've seen foxes in my neighborhood and even a stray fawn, unaccompanied by a doe. Must have been lost from the local cemetary. Possums and raccoons round out the bunch. If I quit smoking I will miss out in seeing that.

Have the dr. Who marathon playing in the background. Time to get in. Brrrr.