SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   It's been a cool ride (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/314219-its-been-cool-ride.html)

jaynie04 11-21-2013 08:10 PM

It's been a cool ride

Coming up on 5 months...the last month has flown. Sobriety is like throwing a bunch of seed down on fresh soil in the spring....every day I wake up and something else is starting to peek up and come to life. Today I was just washing dishes and I realized "I am happy". It's so much the little things, but there are so many of them, and I have so much gratitude. I am grateful that I stayed the course, that I waited to see what was around the corner. I couldn't believe that I could live without it...how could I watch tv, enjoy a weekend, see a season change, look forward to a holiday..never, never, never. I can't believe it, everything people here told me to believe in happened. I am sleeping, I feel better, I look better, I am starting to trust that this is real because it is. I can see that those seeds that I scattered tentatively not too long ago are beginning to put down roots and stretch for the sun. Just wanted to thank everyone here so much for the amazing support and honesty and strength, I have been so helped and inspired by everyone here ! :)

Black Bird 11-21-2013 09:17 PM

Congrats on the up coming 5 mo! I really like your post, I'm feeling the same. :)

SnoozyQ 11-21-2013 09:31 PM

Congrats Jaynie :-)

I echo your sentiments lovely . I'm right behind you at 5 months on Thursday .

NorCal1970 11-21-2013 09:45 PM

Congrats on 5 months that is mammoth. Just keep on rolling!!!

kadidee 11-21-2013 09:49 PM

Jaynie, your post is so inspiring! I'm off to scatter some seeds...

Croissant 11-21-2013 10:25 PM

Firstly, congratulations Jaynie! It's so nice to start to LIVE again.

Dee74 11-21-2013 10:27 PM

Jaynie Appleseed? I like it :D

Congrats on 5 months :)

D

Jeni26 11-21-2013 10:33 PM

Congratulations Jaynie...what a lovely post. So pleased you're starting to really feel the benefits of sobriety x

Kaneda8888 11-21-2013 10:35 PM

Awesome, congrats indeed ! Well done Jaynie !

LadyinBC 11-22-2013 12:46 AM

Congrats at 5 months Jaynie I am so happy for you! I can definately relate to how you are feeling, when I first started out I didn't think I would ever feel that way.

GracieLou 11-22-2013 01:02 AM

:ring Congrats on five months!

It does feel good. I know that, "I am happy", feeling. I remember the first time I was watching TV and I full out belly laughed. I sort of shocked myself. Like wow, that felt good...lol

Now I am laughing and smiling all the time. I guess more than I even know as people always comment on how much I smile and laugh. I guess I really am a jolly person. I have a quick wit with some sarcastic humor through in that causes others to laugh with me which in turn makes me even more happy...lol

Keep on, keeping on! :You_Rock_

DoubleDragons 11-22-2013 04:10 AM

Thank you, Jaynie. I loved this post!!!

ImperfectlyMe 11-22-2013 04:31 AM

What a beautiful post jaynie!!!! For me everything fell into place at 5 months. You're about to start reaping your rewards for all that hard work. Very proud of you:). If you were a Ben and Jerry's flavor ;) you'd be, "saney jaynie's sober sorbet"
Congrats my friend:c011:

KateL 11-22-2013 04:32 AM

Fabulous!! Congratulations !!

jdooner 11-22-2013 04:35 AM

Congratulations Jaynie - you deserve this! I am inspired by you. Thanks!

PurpleKnight 11-22-2013 04:46 AM

Sobriety is like throwing a bunch of seed down on fresh soil in the spring....every day I wake up and something else is starting to peek up and come to life . . . those seeds that I scattered tentatively not too long ago are beginning to put down roots and stretch for the sun
Amazing . . . great stuff!! :c011:

LadyBlue0527 11-22-2013 05:25 AM

Congrats Jaynie! Doesn't sobriety rock? The more you stick with it the more that becomes apparent.

You've helped a lot of people here too, including me :)

I love this place, that's what it's all about!

Ptcapote 11-22-2013 09:33 AM

Congrats my friend, and thank you for the lovely post!

Yes, yes, yes...the first time you realize that you are really, organically, happy.

Way, way better than any high that booze or drugs can give you. And the best part is that it sticks around all on its own.

Big hugs and congrats to you!!

alphaomega 11-22-2013 09:35 AM

You worked damn hard for this. Relish every bliss filled moment.

You are an inspiration Lucy.

XO Ethel

Try18 11-22-2013 09:47 AM

Congratulations! What an achievement. Your post is beautifully written and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your strength and giving me hope x