Notices

Trying again

Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again

Well here i am with my tail between my legs. I was going so well in recovery. I climbed so high and it was a massive stumble and fall when i relapsed. I didn't get right/totally back into the drinking but touches of my old form started to show through and it is enough for me to know which direction i need to go in my life. In hindsight and looking back over my posts i was struggling in the last few months prior to relapse. Then I stopped posting here which turned away the very help i needed. I stopped talking. I stopped counting days. I stopped the 24 hour club. In essence i stopped recovering.
I have started a new sober date (18th November) but my recovery date will remain back in April as i have learnt so much since 8th April and i know the experiences (all of them) along the way will help me towards eventual peace and total recovery. Thanks to Deekers and Imperfectlyme for your friendship and help
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Pedro

D
Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's good to see you Pedro. You learned something valuable & now you're ready.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Hevyn as well for your support. It is really appreciated
Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Pedro. I'm another Aussie. I get what you mean about losing touch with SR, it's my personal lifeboat so I check in every day twice a day and so far it's worked. In your post you mapped out what you didn't do when you lost sobriety so pick those things up again and put your sobriety first. It's good to see your name back here.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Hi Pedro. I'm another Aussie. I get what you mean about losing touch with SR, it's my personal lifeboat so I check in every day twice a day and so far it's worked. In your post you mapped out what you didn't do when you lost sobriety so pick those things up again and put your sobriety first. It's good to see your name back here.
Thanks Marcher
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Pedro your message brought a tear to my eye! I'm so proud of you. The recovery journey has no right way just a right destination. This momentary stumble just might have been what you needed to get the answers you were seeking. It takes a tremendous amount if strength to push past the easy way out, and you've got that. Always here for my first SR buddy you can message me anytime you need a pick me up or an ear to vent to.

I can't wait to watch you thrive!!! You now bring to the table even more understanding of your self and what drives you to do things. Head up chest out just keep on running you'll get there I promise. Hugs